Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
How to Convert from K1 to K2?

I have 892 books in Calibre. I had to enter them 100 at time to my K1, otherwise the indexing overwhelmed the battery, and it lasted less than 3 hours. Has anyone loaded a bunch of books on their K2, and was there a problem?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I can't answer you on how to load such a large number of books but if any of those books have the Kindle 1 PID as part of their DRM, you are either going to have to redownload those books (with your K2 PID DRM) or remove the DRM before loading them onto K2.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. That is another thing I did that I thought was a big waste of time. One day, I searched AZW, and converted all to unDRMed mobi. Of course, I need to redownload the TPZ - maybe today.

Daffy, thanks for all your help. The system won't let me give you anymore karma, but I really appreciate it. Debra
Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks. That is another thing I did that I thought was a big waste of time. One day, I searched AZW, and converted all to unDRMed mobi. Of course, I need to redownload the TPZ - maybe today.

Daffy, thanks for all your help. The system won't let me give you anymore karma, but I really appreciate it. Debra
That's so sweet! You're very welcome!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I can't answer either because I only keep a few to-be-reads on my readers but wanted to say

Good Luck!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Here's a link to a thread recounting sirbruce's adventures in loading 1700 books on his K2.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
henry
henry began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I copied about 300 books from calibre (converted mostly from LRF and ePub to .mobi) onto my Kindle 2. It devoured my battery for about an afternoon, went from full charge to near zero. But since then I haven't had any issues.
henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Here's a link to a thread recounting sirbruce's adventures in loading 1700 books on his K2.
oh wow! I wish I had these kinds of problems but unfortunately I haven't had enough reading time to get up to 500+ ebooks ...yet...

Interesting that indexing takes up so much space.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

That is really helpful - thanks! I think I will be more judicious and only load a couple hundred. Since they are all in Calibre, and can easily load a variety, through tags.