Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-04-2016, 07:30 AM   #46
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't know about "everyone else," but you're definitely the complete opposite of me. I find the online shopping experience an absolute godsend. Risky: rarely. And more work: never. That should be tempered, of course, with the knowledge that buying stuff in person is probably going to involve a two-hour round trip (and all the gas-expense, wear-and-tear, and general inconvenience such a trip entails) to somewhere that even sells the things I want to buy.
I used to live within walking distance of a giant regional mall.
They never carried everything I needed.

Now I live within 2 miles of a small but still relatively complete shopping center and within 15 minutes of a 200-store mall. Online (Amazon/Newegg/eBay/Microsoft) still wins, mostly on variety/catalog depth but also on speed and convenience. It still takes less time to "search. Pick. Click."

(And digital content? Not much of that at B&M.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #47
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I used to live within walking distance of a giant regional mall.
They never carried everything I needed.

Now I live within 2 miles of a small but still relatively complete shopping center and within 15 minutes of a 200-store mall. Online (Amazon/Newegg/eBay/Microsoft) still wins, mostly on variety/catalog depth but also on speed and convenience. It still takes less time to "search. Pick. Click."

(And digital content? Not much of that at B&M.)
Until something goes wrong.

As I said, most of my online shopping are items that can't be found locally. Amazon seldom has want I want. I do a little better on eBay.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #48
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Until something goes wrong.

As I said, most of my online shopping are items that can't be found locally. Amazon seldom has want I want. I do a little better on eBay.
Me, so far, the only times (3 in, ahem, lots of years) something has gone wrong Amazon has swiftly and without quibbling settled it. In B&M stores they at least quibble and sometimes grumble.

The worst incident was with my first HDTV in the early days of HDMI, where I ordered a receiver that was supposed to implement the full spec cleanly. It arrived. No go. I contact the manufacturer and mention my brand and model of TV. They swear they support it; it must be a defective unit. I contact Amazon. Fill in the online request form. Next day UPS stops by to pick up the receiver. Day after that the new one is in. (They shipped the new one before the old one was back.)

Same problem.

Again I contact Amazon.
Next day UPS is back for pickup.

I ended up buying a different receiver from another online store.
Amazon (or the supplier) ended up eating four shipping charges with nary a question.

I'm not one for brand loyalty, even with Amazon, but I do trust them with (some of) my money: sites that use Amazon payments, I pay through Amazon.
And they get first crack at my business most of the time.
That much they've earned.

Last edited by fjtorres; 01-04-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:19 PM   #49
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I'm not one for brand loyalty, even with Amazon, but I do trust them with (some of) my money: sites that use Amazon payments, I pay through Amazon.
And they get first crack at my business most of the time.
That much they've earned.
I'm happy to see that Amazon treats you well. I really am. And happy you have had very few issues.

I wish Amazon sold more of what I need.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:42 AM   #50
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I'm happy to see that Amazon treats you well. I really am. And happy you have had very few issues.

I wish Amazon sold more of what I need.

Give it time.
Haven't you heard, Amazon wants to sell everything to everybody. Whether you want it or not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ants-more.html

He'll catch up to you. It's just that some of us are easy...
Advert