hlk123
Enthusiast
hlk123 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus7(2013), KindleFireHD7, PB622, PB623, AsusMemoTabHD7
AdBlock Plus - which software?

@Mivo

About AdBlock Plus: ... as a browser?
----------------------
Which software should I download precisely?
I'm confused. There're so many ...

With my Android I should go to the webside "addblockplus.org" and ...?
Can you tell me Step-by-Step? Thank you.

BTW I envy you .. for your Nexus-7.2 as an eReader!
hlk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
AdBlock Plus is not browser software. It is an add-on for the Firefox browser that blocks ad displays. You would get it by going to the Firefox site and clicking on Add-Ons, or from the Google Play Store.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
hlk123
Enthusiast

Thank you.

I've downloaded & installed the Adblock Plus for Android.
It's an app .. the file is an apk-file.

I use Chrome browser in my Android tablet.

I don't know how (thru Chrome?) AdblockPlus works.....
Old 09-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I use AdAway. These ad blockers require root access, as they modify the iptables.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
adv_dp_fan
Zealot
adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Sony 505, iPad 1 & 3, Galaxy Note 8.1
There is the AdBlock plugin for Firefox which you can get through the Firefox browser itself but that only works with Firefox. There is the AdBlock app which was pulled from the Play store but you can download and install from their site without root access. It acts as a proxy running on your device which you configure in your wireless settings. It will only work for a wireless connection and not a cell connection though and doesn't require root. Since my Note 8 is wireless only, I run it on there but don't use it on my phone since that is mostly cell connections.
adv_dp_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlk123 View Post
I don't know how (thru Chrome?) AdblockPlus works.....
Did you run the APK file that you downloaded? After it is installed (and you open it), it will explain how to set up the proxy so that it can filter incoming web content). It should also pre-select an ad filtering list for you. The proxy name is localhost, and the port is 2020. (It is configured in the wireless settings, advanced options.) Once that is done, it works automatically with Chrome.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
hlk123
Enthusiast

@Mivo

Thank you.
I've done what you've said. I'm testing now with Chrome.
That means I can use several browsers (except Firefox) and enjoy the protection against pop-up ads ...?

BTW .. I've installed Avast & Kingsoft Office too .. as you've advised somewhere ..
Old 09-14-2013, 01:58 AM   #8
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Yes, you can use any browser you like. Basically, all web related data traffic goes through (and is filtered by) Adblock Plus while it is running.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote