Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
Ser9170
Ser9170 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Calibre finding some but not all books on Samsung tablet

I am new to Calibre. I have been successfully building a library with books from my Nook and also books from my Samsung Galaxy A Tablet. However, I just realized that the books it has recognized on my tablet are epubs (it has also recognized pdf files), but it hasn't recognized any of the books I downloaded from Amazon to the Kindle App on my tablet. It doesn't see them whether I try to get them from the Main Device or the Card. (I moved them to see if that made a difference.) I have tried to find answers for this by searching, but I haven't seen questions that fit this situation. If answers are provided somewhere, please just give me the link. Thank you.
Ser9170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon does not store books as files in its android app. Download your books to your computer from the amazon maange my content page instead.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
Ser9170

I have over 100 books on the Kindle App on my tablet. 13 of those showed up on Calibre. When I go to the Kindle App on my computer, I can see 13 books which have downloaded. Those are the same books in the file "My Kindle Content" on my computer. The problem is, only 2 of those are part of the 13 which Calibre found. So I am not sure what is going on and what that means about your suggestion to download the Amazon books to my computer.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
Ser9170

OK - I did more investigating. It appears this is related to the KFX extension. It took a bit, but I figured out that if I went to Kindle on my computer, downloaded the book to my computer, then went to Calibre to add books and go to the My Kindle content, the books will add. The challenge, of course, is sorting through which books is which given that Amazon gives numbers and letters as the title. Anyway, I think I have solved the problem.

Tags
kindle app, samsung galaxy, show books, tablet