Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 03:15 AM   #1411
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I use reading list to update a custom column for each device (odk and odt) that uses this template:
Code:
{#odk:switch(Yes,K,No,x,.)}{#odt:switch(Yes,T,No,x,.)}
So it shows KT if it is on both devices and xx if it has been removed from both devices, and .. if the columns are not set.
I need some time to read through the Reading List details. But now I find the solution working for me. I am also using the template suggestion quoted by you.
Thanks for your help.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:02 AM   #1412
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Dismiss Tiles issue

My device is Windows 10, 32 bit, Calibre version 3.10, (but the issue that I'm reporting is older), Kobo Touch N905.
My settings for the "Dismiss Tiles from Home Screen" option are those shown in the screenshot below.
What I would like to keep on the screen - excrept the books that I'm actually reading (3 or 4) - is only "My books" and "Pocket articles".
Now, when I'm connecting the reader, do nothing else and only click "OK" on the tool, there appears the message "Update successful", but after disconnecting, there has nothing changed, only the tiles set by Kobo appear, such as "recent romances", "books cheaper than 5 €" and so on.
I repeat the steps and check "Change database trigger", leaving the "Create or change trigger" option aside. Effect: same as above.
I repeat the steps, check "Change database trigger" and "Create or change trigger". Effect: same as above.
I think I tried out all possibilities, leaving always to the same result, what means, the "Dismiss Tiles"-option doesn't work at all, despite the message "update successful".
But: I have another computer with exactly the same features told above, and there everything is working allright. Is there a way to see what is wrong on the first computer?

Edit: I just tried once more on the second computer, but now the tool doesn't work there, either... and the firmware version is 4.5.9587.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dismiss_tiles.PNG
Views:	354
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	159708  

Last edited by Leonatus; 10-31-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 09:39 AM   #1413
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
My device is Windows 10, 32 bit, Calibre version 3.10, (but the issue that I'm reporting is older), Kobo Touch N905.
My settings for the "Dismiss Tiles from Home Screen" option are those shown in the screenshot below.
What I would like to keep on the screen - excrept the books that I'm actually reading (3 or 4) - is only "My books" and "Pocket articles".
Now, when I'm connecting the reader, do nothing else and only click "OK" on the tool, there appears the message "Update successful", but after disconnecting, there has nothing changed, only the tiles set by Kobo appear, such as "recent romances", "books cheaper than 5 €" and so on.
I repeat the steps and check "Change database trigger", leaving the "Create or change trigger" option aside. Effect: same as above.
I repeat the steps, check "Change database trigger" and "Create or change trigger". Effect: same as above.
I think I tried out all possibilities, leaving always to the same result, what means, the "Dismiss Tiles"-option doesn't work at all, despite the message "update successful".
But: I have another computer with exactly the same features told above, and there everything is working allright. Is there a way to see what is wrong on the first computer?

Edit: I just tried once more on the second computer, but now the tool doesn't work there, either... and the firmware version is 4.5.9587.
The tile dismiss function doesn't work with the new home screen. I only works with the tiled home screen. The tiled home screen is no longer in the firmware since either version 4.3.x or 4.4x. There won't be any errors a the database still contains the table used for the tiles.

With the firmware that still has the tiled home screen, other changes meant that the dismiss didn't work quite as well. The way tiles were added to the home screen meant that some would be displayed until the next time the home screen was refreshed. But, they would eventually go away. If you are using a firmware version with the tiled home screen on a device, and this function doesn't seem to affect anything, then I need to see a debug log. That will let me see if what the plugin actually did. Then we can look at what the device is doing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:07 AM   #1414
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My firmware version is 4.5.9587. Is this the same as you told for 4.3 and 4.4?
Edit: Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. So, no way to get rid of the Kobo items?

Last edited by Leonatus; 10-31-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:00 AM   #1415
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
My firmware version is 4.5.9587. Is this the same as you told for 4.3 and 4.4?
Edit: Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. So, no way to get rid of the Kobo items?
Unless you apply a patch for removing totally the third row (and then you have no Pocket access).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #1416
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Unless you apply a patch for removing totally the third row (and then you have no Pocket access).
Hm, that sounds interesting ... but how do I get this patch?
Old 10-31-2017, 11:17 AM   #1417
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hm, that sounds interesting ... but how do I get this patch?
Check this thread, and follow the messages till `New home screen removing the footer (row3) and increasing cover size`.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:31 AM   #1418
Leonatus
Wizard

Ah, thank you! I'll think about it - as I would lose the "My books" tile as well, and I would like to have an easy access to my library.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #1419
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ah, thank you! I'll think about it - as I would lose the "My books" tile as well, and I would like to have an easy access to my library.
No, you don't lose "My Books" tile. You lose the access to the store and the rotating downright corner.

We have:

Code:
1           2

3           4
1.- Currently reading books
2.- Author / Recommendations if there are less than 2 "reading" books
3.- My Books
4.- Collection / Author

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 10-31-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:54 AM   #1420
Leonatus
Wizard

Well ... then it's quite worth to have a look at it. Thank you once more, Terisa!
Old 10-31-2017, 01:00 PM   #1421
Leonatus
Wizard

I followed the instructions for patching the firmware and added your recommended patch. There has a 4.5.9587_target subdirectory created, but without KoboRoot.tgz. During the processing, I received this message:
Code:
Applied patch `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets`
Ignoring disabled patch `Ignore ePub TOC navpoints`
Wrote 7284428 bytes to output file 'E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\4.5.9587_target\usr\local\Kobo\librmsdk.so.1.0.0'
//////////////////////////////////////////////
//                    Patching end
//                    Patching start
Read 5787328 bytes from input file 'E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\4.5.9587_source\nickel'
Ignoring disabled patch `Disable reading footer`
E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\tools\pa32lsb.exe: line 45 in 'E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\4.5.9587_source\nickel.patch': find_base_address string not found.
ERROR processing E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\4.5.9587_source\nickel.patch
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .
Could somebody, please, help me?
Old 10-31-2017, 09:02 PM   #1422
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I followed the instructions for patching the firmware and added your recommended patch. There has a 4.5.9587_target subdirectory created, but without KoboRoot.tgz. During the processing, I received this message:
Code:
Applied patch `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)`
Ignoring disabled patch `Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets`
Ignoring disabled patch `Ignore ePub TOC navpoints`
Wrote 7284428 bytes to output file 'E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\4.5.9587_target\usr\local\Kobo\librmsdk.so.1.0.0'
//                    Patching end
//                    Patching start
Read 5787328 bytes from input file 'E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\4.5.9587_source\nickel'
Ignoring disabled patch `Disable reading footer`
E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\tools\pa32lsb.exe: line 45 in 'E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\4.5.9587_source\nickel.patch': find_base_address string not found.
ERROR processing E:\Kobo patcher\patch_kobo_4059587\patch_kobo_4059587\4.5.9587_source\nickel.patch
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .
Could somebody, please, help me?
That's completely off topic for this thread. Please ask the question in the appropriate patch thread.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:11 AM   #1423
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's completely off topic for this thread. Please ask the question in the appropriate patch thread.
Sorry for that! But in the heat of the battle ...
Old 11-02-2017, 07:25 AM   #1424
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I've redone the french translation for the UI and the Help file.
Doing so I found some parts that were not translated and some problems :
Code:
Action.py:
	-333: missing translation
	-343: missing translation
	-1869: Not sure this is the right error message to display -> this is the copy annotation action

Dialogs.py:
	-401: missing translation
	-454: should be "Margins on the device are set in multiples of two, but single steps work", not in multiples of three (it says 2 for left margin and 3 for right margins)
	-699: missing translation
	-845: missing translation
	-846: missing translation
	-936: missing translation
	-990: missing translation
	-1020: missing translation
	-1028: missing translation
	-1163: missing translation
	-1171: missing translation
	-1295: missing translation
	-1409: missing translation
	-1429: missing translation
	-1430: missing translation
	-1465: missing translation
	-1503: missing translation
	-1598: missing translation
	-1649: missing translation
	-1690: missing translation
	-1751: missing translation
	-1789: missing translation
	-1793: missing translation
	-1939: missing translation
	-1940: missing translation
	-1951: missing translation
	-1960: missing translation
	-2061: missing translation
	-2064: missing translation
	-2106: missing translation
	-2166: Shortcut that should not be translated (shortcuts don't work in other languages if translated)
	-2172: Shortcut that should not be translated (shortcuts don't work in other languages if translated)
	-2199: Shortcut that should not be translated (shortcuts don't work in other languages if translated)
	-2205: Shortcut that should not be translated (shortcuts don't work in other languages if translated)
	-2214: The label is " &Restore Original Series " but when I tried it, it seems to only restore the index? So maybe the label should be changed?
	-2248: missing translation
	-2631: missing translation
	-2688: missing translation
	-2771: typo -> Authors(s) instead of Author(s)
	-3048: missing translation
	-3073: Wrong tooltip -> Should be something like "Get shelves from device"
	-3085: missing translation
Also, on my computer (windows 10 64bits with 64bits calibre), the help links never take me to the right anchor in the help file. The links always takes me to the top of the file.

I've made the changes listed above, the modified files are attached in this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip French_translation_updated11.2017.zip (37.2 KB, 258 views)
File Type: zip Changed_files.zip (66.0 KB, 257 views)
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #1425
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
I've redone the french translation for the UI and the Help file.
Doing so I found some parts that were not translated and some problems :
Code:
Action.py:
	-333: missing translation
	-343: missing translation
	-1869: Not sure this is the right error message to display -> this is the copy annotation action

Dialogs.py:
	-401: missing translation
	-454: should be "Margins on the device are set in multiples of two, but single steps work", not in multiples of three (it says 2 for left margin and 3 for right margins)
	-699: missing translation
	-845: missing translation
	-846: missing translation
	-936: missing translation
	-990: missing translation
	-1020: missing translation
	-1028: missing translation
	-1163: missing translation
	-1171: missing translation
	-1295: missing translation
	-1409: missing translation
	-1429: missing translation
	-1430: missing translation
	-1465: missing translation
	-1503: missing translation
	-1598: missing translation
	-1649: missing translation
	-1690: missing translation
	-1751: missing translation
	-1789: missing translation
	-1793: missing translation
	-1939: missing translation
	-1940: missing translation
	-1951: missing translation
	-1960: missing translation
	-2061: missing translation
	-2064: missing translation
	-2106: missing translation
	-2166: Shortcut that should not be translated (shortcuts don't work in other languages if translated)
	-2172: Shortcut that should not be translated (shortcuts don't work in other languages if translated)
	-2199: Shortcut that should not be translated (shortcuts don't work in other languages if translated)
	-2205: Shortcut that should not be translated (shortcuts don't work in other languages if translated)
	-2214: The label is " &Restore Original Series " but when I tried it, it seems to only restore the index? So maybe the label should be changed?
	-2248: missing translation
	-2631: missing translation
	-2688: missing translation
	-2771: typo -> Authors(s) instead of Author(s)
	-3048: missing translation
	-3073: Wrong tooltip -> Should be something like "Get shelves from device"
	-3085: missing translation
Thanks, I'll look at them.
Quote:
Also, on my computer (windows 10 64bits with 64bits calibre), the help links never take me to the right anchor in the help file. The links always takes me to the top of the file.
Unfortunately, that's how Windows works. It doesn't pass the anchor when opening the link. I played with it a bit when I created the help but couldn't get it to work.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities