Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2023, 06:14 PM   #1
bpbiszkopt
bpbiszkopt began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad3
Downloaded epub not showing in My books

Hello,
i recently bought Clara 2e and i thought that i can simply upload my epub by usb cable to the reader and voila, read my books.
But when i copy directly ( or by calibre ) my epub files they aren't showing in my books menu...none of them.

Koreader/plato works fine, i see my epub files ( with covers ) and i can open them and read.

My books menu showing only graphics files ( some koreader/plato png )...

Is this normal behave on kobo readers ? For daily reading i'm using inkpad 3 and don't know how kobo works.
I have latest firmware
bpbiszkopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 07:42 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What directory are you copying the epubs into?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2023, 02:56 AM   #3
bpbiszkopt

I was trying firstly this one which shows when connecting usb cable.
Then:
/Mnt/onboard
/Mnt/onboard/folder
/Mnt/user
/Mnt/user/folder
/Mnt/SD
/Mnt/SD/folder
Also there was something like extstorage... this one also doesn't work.

I also made factory reset. None of the folders works. After factory reset I just disable registering online, then installing koreader and that's all.

My books filter are turned into shows "all"
Old 12-17-2023, 02:48 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try adding a directory in the root of the exposed storage called books or similar short name and then copying your epubs into the directory.

I've attached an image of what I see when I mount my Sage on SUSE Tumbleweed with hidden files/directories shown (file/directory name starts with . ) using the Dolphin file manager.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo_mounted_Tumbleweed.png
Views:	110
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	205305  

Last edited by DNSB; 12-17-2023 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2023, 04:31 PM   #5
bpbiszkopt

My folders looks more or less same. I was trying every folder and different names, nothing works.
But thank you.

I found a way to deal with this difficulty at least temporarily, I still don't know if this is problem only my reader or another clara 2e have also same "future".
If I copy/send books by WiFi in calibre it won't be working, saying in other words, it will be working but my books won't be showing in front page kobo reader.

If I send epub by usb cable through usbms it will be the same situation as through WiFi.

Of course books will be in kobo memory, in working folders.
How to force it to show ePub in front page ?

I need to connect Kobo by USB cable but not through usbms app, but through default usb handle app.

Then after disconnecting there is information, something like updating data and books are show in front page kobo.
So I think that there should be an option in koreader to refresh data after sending books in kobo. Because now, books are send, but main kobo app doesn't know about it.
Advert
Old 12-17-2023, 04:36 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Unless you allow Nickel to run and import the books (plus a second connection to update the metadata), Nickel will not show the books. If you want to send books over WiFi or any way other than a bog standard USB connection, you can manually trigger an import using NickelMenu. Again, the books need to be in a directory accessible to Nickel.

Personally, I used Nickel 99% of the time with KOReader or Plato being started from NickelMenu for the few occasions that I am either testing or playing with a .pdf file so Nickel gets to run after a USB connection.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:42 AM   #7
bpbiszkopt

I didn't use nickiel menu, thanks for information.
I manage to setup it and probably problem will be solved.