Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2023, 04:21 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Make brightness stay OFF

How can the Forma be set so that brightness does not automatically get turned on?

Thanks.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 04:33 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you tried setting the brightness to 0, turn off Auto for Natural light and disabled the Swipe left side to adjust brightness?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2023, 10:22 AM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Have you tried setting the brightness to 0, turn off Auto for Natural light and disabled the Swipe left side to adjust brightness?
I always set the brightness to OFF. I just now disabled the Swipe left side.

How do I turn OFF Auto for Natural light?

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2023, 11:47 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
I always set the brightness to OFF. I just now disabled the Swipe left side.

Thanks.
Tap on the light icon at the top of the screen. Slide the Auto switch to the left. See the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	50
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	205058  
Old 12-06-2023, 08:27 PM   #5
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Tap on the light icon at the top of the screen. Slide the Auto switch to the left. See the attached image.
Yes, I do that all the time.

I thought you said there was a setting whereby I can disable the Auto brightness from ever doing anything.
Advert
Old 12-06-2023, 10:12 PM   #6
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can, and that's the correct setting.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:28 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
turn off Auto for Natural light
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I do that all the time.

I thought you said there was a setting whereby I can disable the Auto brightness from ever doing anything.
Please see the first quote above for exactly what I said and the second quote for your response. If you turn off Auto for Natural light, it will never do anything. The only Kobo that had a sensor to allow for automatically changing the brightness of the display was the Kobo Aura One and like most of the automatic display brightness in tablets and phones, it was not that useful in the real world.