Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 03:19 AM   #31
fsantini
fsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatInTarnation View Post
  1. Does not work with GDrive (I get Curl permission denied)
It seems to work with my GDrive. Can you please provide me with the get.log file?

Quote:
Now when I put an epub in my Dropbox folder, it loads the content onto my Libra H2O, but it also adds a duplicate book. When I go remove the duplicate from my book list on my Libra it just re-adds it. Does this only for Dropbox books, books added through Calibre are fine.
A friend of mine had the same issue and I can confirm that Semwize's solution works.
fsantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 05:15 AM   #32
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
Transfer epub from Android phone to Kobo ereader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Is there any other way to load books without the cable, I remember someone mentioned via ftp I think but can't find that post.
https://koboturkiye.com/en/stories/show?story_id=44

explain of this topics method
https://koboturkiye.com/en/stories/show?story_id=38
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:12 AM   #33
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeles84 View Post
https://koboturkiye.com/en/stories/show?story_id=44

explain of this topics method
https://koboturkiye.com/en/stories/show?story_id=38
Thanks.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:04 AM   #34
gbi
gbi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello.
I have a Kobo Glo HD. I managed to sync with my GDrive library.
Since I got duplicate books, I have added the lines

[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=Library

to eReader.conf, but it still duplicates books. Is it pointing at a wrong path? Any other workaround?
Thanks!
gbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:01 AM   #35
a.marten
a.marten began at the beginning.

Device: Clara, Libra
Hello
First, thanks to FSantini for creating the answer to my prayers. I would love to try this but (warning: stupid question) does it require root access?

Just got a nearly new Aura H2O2 but don't want to brick it which I almost certainly would if I attempted rooting it. Installing KoboCloud sounds slightly more doable.

Thanks
a.marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:20 PM   #36
Clouds
Clouds began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbi View Post
Hello.
I have a Kobo Glo HD. I managed to sync with my GDrive library.
Since I got duplicate books, I have added the lines

[FeatureSettings]

to eReader.conf, but it still duplicates books. Is it pointing at a wrong path? Any other workaround?
Thanks!
I seem to have the same issue with a Kobo Clara HD.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:35 AM   #37
Clouds
Clouds began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.marten View Post
Hello
does it require root access?
It's simply a matter of copying a file from your PC onto your device using a regular file explorer.

There is no need to do anything like installing other software or addons, nor do you need any special access to the device.

I have this script on two devices without any troubles*. One with only the KoboCloud addon, and one with KoboClouds combined with Kobo Start Menu, vlasosoft and other stuff.

(* apart from synced books being shown twice in my library)
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:40 AM   #38
swedenboy
swedenboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Try adds to Kobo eReader.conf

[FeatureSettings]
Hi,

I tried to add this line to eReader.conf

The problem is, I've already have a line to exclude .adds / .kobo, etc. in this file, when I added it in, it was automatically deleted and the books are duplicated again.

Can anybody help me to combine the Library folder in the same command with this:

ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*?

Thank you so much
swedenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:47 AM   #39
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo(?!/kobocloud)|adobe).*?

try

or

ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!adobe).*?

I have in another folder (.addons), so I did not test From the folder .kobo I moved all the mods.

Last edited by Semwize; 02-24-2020 at 02:54 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:29 AM   #40
swedenboy

Quote:
ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo(?!/kobocloud)|adobe).*?

try

or

ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!adobe).*?

I have in another folder (.addons), so I did not test From the folder .kobo I moved all the mods.
Thanks but I doesn't work.
It removed all my books then my database was corrupted I had to uninstall kfmon and rebuild library by log in kobo acc again
Old 02-24-2020, 06:56 AM   #41
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Then it works. Those books that are in the .kobo\kobocloud\Library folder will be deleted and you will have to download them again. The rest of the books will not be affected.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:14 AM   #42
swedenboy

Quote:
Then it works. Those books that are in the .kobo\kobocloud\Library folder will be deleted and you will have to download them again. The rest of the books will not be affected.
It doesn't work on my Libra H2O, books in Library folder was still be duplicated.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:44 PM   #43
Wzza
Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Hello,

So I was also getting duplicates with a nextcloud sync set up and I believe I've found a simple and clean workaround: I've edited the 'config_kobo.sh' script in order to have files installed to '.adds/kobocloud' (just like other apps such as koreader) rather than '.kobo/kobocloud' (which is actually not recommended). That way the kobocloud library doesn't get scanned, without any changes to be made in the Kobo eReader.conf

The relevant line should still be:

ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*?

so as to exclude all folders that start with a dot.

I'll let the author see if he wants to include that change. In the mean time I could also upload the modified package if it's help to anyone.

Anyway thank you fsantini for this great mod !
Wzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:24 AM   #44
Vmack
Vmack began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA H2O v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wzza View Post
In the mean time I could also upload the modified package if it's help to anyone.
Please upload this file somewhere so that I can install it. Thanks
Vmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:31 AM   #45
Wzza
Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmack View Post
Please upload this file somewhere so that I can install it. Thanks
Si I finally decided to fork the project in order to make a pull request on github. You can get the package that includes my fix here. Just place the 'KoboRoot.tgz' archive in the '.kobo' folder of your Kobo reader and let the magic happen! Please make sure your 'eReader.conf' file contains the right line (see my post above or readme) before you install KoboCloud.
Wzza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, dropbox, google drive, pcloud