Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Audiobooks on Spotify?

In my daily search for free audiobooks I stumbled on this article that may interest some of you.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/201...y-spoken-word/

Quote:
Spotify is highlighting its Word category, a section that houses everything from audiobooks to poetry and guided meditations.

Word is a category bucket for everything spoken on Spotify — with no accompanying music.

With Spotify’s renewed focus on podcasts and other spoken word content, the streaming giant seems to be trying to appeal to the same demographic subscribed to Audible.
Always good to have some competition but I don't think this is all that original. Stitcher has been doing this for years ("LeVar Burton Reads" and "Wolverine: The Long Night" being two I have particularly enjoyed). Still, maybe it will help keep everyone on their toes.

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 11:48 PM   #2
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie17 View Post
I liked your publication. But I don't quite understand how it works. Will it affect my Spotify plays that I buy?
If you have a Spotify membership then they are available to you just like streaming music. If you're not a member then I'm not sure. I don't use the service so I was jsut passing along what I had read. If you decide to look into it feel free to let everyone know what you find.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:16 AM   #3
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Spotify does commercials for free accounts so you should likely be able to listen to them, but I'm not sure. I have a membership but haven't seen any details for audiobooks.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote