Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Device: Onyx Note
firmware update for Onyx Note?

I have installed 1.9.0 firmware for onyx note from their official site, but i have read about other versions (like 1.9.0_cd8c355). Are these from particular SDK programmers?
Can these versions be installed on a regular device or the device need to be rooted? How can I install and from where can I install this version? Can someone to enlighten me?
Forgiven be my unknowledges in the techniques and programming ...

Last edited by rafail; 08-07-2018 at 05:56 PM.
rafail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:53 PM   #2
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
just get the official OTA, other firmwares don't offer anything right now and you could end installing the chinese version or having problems.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2018, 06:42 AM   #3
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Thanks a lot, Whopper for being my first advicer in MobilRead.
I am not yet fully cleared in this issue but I will stay in my place. But I have other questions:
* Are there other Onyx Notes compatible stylus to improve calligraphy? (At the bottom of the page - about 1.2 cm after the stylus has a deviation of 1-3mm and generally the tip of the stylus from Notes seems a little rough ... am I wrong?) I saw that Remarkable stylus works on Note but loses the delete function ...
* Can NeoReader work with a dictionary other than the pre-installed (Dict)? Can it also be set to use another TTS voice synthesizer? I installed a Ivona engine for Romanian language that works with other applications (Librera, FBReader, eReader Prestigio), but with NeoReader does not want ...
Has anyone encountered and solved the same problems?
Thank you!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #4
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

the deviation of the stylus on the edges of the screen is a wacom problem that have been there since the first wacom screen 20 yeras ago and cannot be solved. Is that or having a pen with a battery as n-trig from microsoft surface have.

As the stylus, I don't know what models, but there are a lot of wacom that works, I have 3 working from my previous tablet-pc's and dr1000s

Neoreader can have other dictionary, you have it explained on the manual. TTs don't remember.

Last edited by whopper; 08-08-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
rafail
Enthusiast

I am not referring to another dictionary (eg English-French or English-Romanian ...) to use in the built-in application (Dict), but I was wondering if the NeoReader application can access another dictionary-application (eg ColorDict or GoldenDict ) when I select a word. I did not find this option in settings. Also write in the manual that it accepts .bgl formats wich did not work to me ...
In relation to another stylus, are the performances the same with non-Onyx styluses or other models? For example, at Remarkable I have heard that they have better performance as well.
Thanks for listening me.
Advert
Old 08-10-2018, 10:04 PM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafail View Post
I was wondering if the NeoReader application can access another dictionary-application (eg ColorDict or GoldenDict ) when I select a word. I did not find this option in settings.
I have been able to sideload a good number of dictionaries in the Stardict format and they work well within the Neoreader app. I simply select/highlight a word and it will check in my various dictionaries.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:38 PM   #7
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafail
I was wondering if the NeoReader application can access another dictionary-application (eg ColorDict or GoldenDict ) when I select a word.
yes, that's what I was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafail
In relation to another stylus, are the performances the same with non-Onyx styluses or other models? For example, at Remarkable I have heard that they have better performance as well.
Thanks for listening me.
The very same, the performace doesn't change for stylus but for different wacom screens where the technology is embedded. All of them have the same problems with the screen edges.

I've been using wacom screens on tablet pcs since about 12 years ago and they haven't evolve at all. I mean, the stylus of my already dead lenovo x61t works the very same as the onyx one on the max 2. Not a single difference.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #8
rafail
Enthusiast

Yes, I agree, the built-in Dict works very well with stardic dictionaries, but I think only from English. I even managed to install the pyglossary program that turns my .bgl dictionaries into stardict. The problem is with the texts in the Romanian language, the Dict application does not always recognize the diacriticals (ă,î,â,ș,ț), or maybe my Romanian language stardict dictionary is not so good (does not recognize the flexionary forms, etc.).
*** For Neoreader to work with another dictionary application I have not found any hint in the user manual Onyx Note 1.9.0. Maybe I do not have the proper manual or version 1.9.0 installed on my device is not the complete one? ... (I seem to have read somewhere that the next updates will try a different installation on different levels for different users?)
*** Thanks for your help, I remain grateful ...