Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
jmatthew
jmatthew began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony reader, kobo
In-page text links on Kobo?

I have a choose-your-own-adventure style book I'd like to read on the Kobo, but apparently it doesn't support links within the text, so when I get to the bottom of the page I can't choose the next part of the story to go to.

Pressing up and down on the directional pad (which is how I would navigate to the text link on a Kindle) just changes the font size. Am I missing something, or is this just something that the Kobo eReader doesn't do?
jmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
It's something that, unfortunately, the Kobo does not support.
Sorry.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
jmatthew
jmatthew began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony reader, kobo
Thanks.

I bought the Kobo to offer as a contest prize (I'm the author of the book in question), and even though you can't read my book on it, I've decided to run the contest anyway. To enter, just follow me on Twitter and send a tweet to @Kobo asking them to issue a software update to add this feature! The contest rules are at my Chooseomatic Books blog if anyone wants to enter.

I'm hoping the folks who run the Kobo twitter account see this as friendly encouragement, and not some kind of attack (I do go into how much like the device in my blog post)

Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to promote the contest to the Kobo community, I'd love to hear them. There are only about 20 entries so far, so chances of winning a free Kobo eReader are pretty good!
jmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatthew View Post
Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to promote the contest to the Kobo community, I'd love to hear them. There are only about 20 entries so far, so chances of winning a free Kobo eReader are pretty good!
Drat, this book looks like fun... I'd love to read this on my Kobo.

I'd say join the Kobo facebook group and post in the threads there for sure, and also any Chapters/Indigo store groups you find. They have designated staff selling the Kobo reader in their bookstores, so they're pretty connected to what people want and communicating the pros/cons of the reader.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
Awww I remember reading Goosebumps pick-your-own-story things. hehe
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert