Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #106
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
We did have a few reports on Linux where plugins couldn't be installed with 0.9.5/6 (claims of invalid zip files), but this seems different. Time will tell if it's an isolated incident, I guess. We've had over 4,000 downloads of the Windows installer packages for 0.9.7 so far, and this is the first report of not being able to install plugins. We'll have to wait and see. If there's a problem, it will eventually come to light.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-02-2016 at 08:29 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #107
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I still want to know if Use Bundled Interpreter is checked on not. Any old python 2.7 path set will still exist in the settings file and maybe that is the issue?

KevinH
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2016, 08:50 AM   #108
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
I've also just download and re-installed Sigil 0.9.7 again. After install I remove Epubcheck and tried to install the new plugin again through Sigil and it failed again with the usual error.

I was unable to check Sigil's sha256 checksum because I only have sha-1, CRC and MD5 check capability.

So I guess this problem isn't caused by a corrupt download.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:53 AM   #109
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KevinH...The "Use Bundled Interpreter" was ticked on all my failed plugin install attempts.

Last edited by slowsmile; 11-02-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:01 AM   #110
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
I was unable to check Sigil's sha256 checksum because I only have sha-1, CRC and MD5 check capability.

So I guess this problem isn't caused by a corrupt download.
I was suggesting the downloaded plugin file may have been corrupt, not the Sigil installer itself. Have you, in fact, deleted the plugin zipfile and downloaded a new copy yet?
Advert
Old 11-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #111
slowsmile
Witchman

I've just checked my downloaded Sigil setup exe(Windows 64-bit) sha256 value against Sigil's 0.9.7 release sha256 value on Github and they are both the same.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #112
slowsmile
Witchman

@DiapDealer...I've downloaded Epubcheck_v0.3.8 at least 4 times and tried to install them separately

Last edited by slowsmile; 11-02-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:17 AM   #113
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Are you uninstalling 0.9.6 before installing 0.9.7, out of curiosity?
Old 11-02-2016, 09:31 AM   #114
slowsmile
Witchman

I think I've solved the problem.

I noticed that the advertised plugin is named:

EpubCheck_v0.3.8.zip

But, after download, the zipped plugin is named:

epubcheck_v0.3.8.zip

So I just changed the downloaded plugin name to EpubCheck_v0.3.8.zip and it was accepted without problems or errors by the Sigil plugin interface. It installed correctly in other words.

And, I don't know if this means anything, but I also checked the plugin.xml file and that showed the plugin name as "EpubCheck".

Last edited by slowsmile; 11-02-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:35 AM   #115
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I think I've solved the problem.

I noticed that the advertised plugin is named:

EpubCheck_v0.3.8

But, after download, the zipped plugin is named:

epubcheck_v0.3.8

So I just changed the downloaded plugin name to EpubCheck_v0.3.8 and it was accepted without problems or errors by the Sigil plugin interface. It installed correctly in other words.
Well that's odd. The attachment (first post of the plugin's thread) is correctly named. I wonder what's renaming it when you download it? The file retains the proper casing whenever I download it. Weird.

Glad it's solved, though. And that it's not a Sigil or plugin issue afterall

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-02-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #116
slowsmile
Witchman

@DiapDealer...No, I installed Sigil 0.9.7 over the old version(without uninstalling it) to preserve my plugins and the new version works fine.

Last edited by slowsmile; 11-02-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #117
slowsmile
Witchman

@DiapDealer...Yes, you are right -- it's not a Sigil problem. With humble apologies for such a vicious accusation.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #118
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@DiapDealer...No, I installed Sigil 0.9.7 over the old version(without uninstalling it) to preserve my plugins and the new version works fine.
Just so you know, uninstalling sigil won't affect installed plugins (or preferences). Plugins are saved in the user preferences directory which persists. They'll still all be there waiting for you after you reinstall.

It's not required to uninstall, of course, but I have recommended it for Windows users for this particular release. It's your choice, but just know that it's going to be one of the first recommendations when it comes to plugin troubleshooting.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:02 PM   #119
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@DiapDealer...Yes, you are right -- it's not a Sigil problem. With humble apologies for such a vicious accusation.
I detected no viciousness.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:54 PM   #120
slowsmile
Witchman

Even worse. I was annoyed and couldn't understand why the Epubcheck plugin name would revert to lower case so I investigated further and found the actual reason for this problem. I had recently installed a fast browser downloader called Extreme Download(XDM). Little did I realize that this downloader automatically converts the downloaded item name to lowercase. So the Epubcheck name problem was actually caused by a poor choice on my part. I have since uninstalled XDM and will never use it again.