Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-22-2021, 11:48 AM   #1
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

Device: Bookeen Odyssey FrontLight 2, Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Kobo Libra 2
When will Pocketbook add option to justify text?

I know that i can use Koreader, but i prefer default Pocketbook reader because of better text rendering.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 08:05 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krios View Post
I know that i can use Koreader, but i prefer default Pocketbook reader because of better text rendering.
I don't know. Seems odd that they haven't already done this.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I don't know. Seems odd that they haven't already done this.
Yeah, considering almost all other brands have this option.
Old 10-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
PocketBook used to be the best reader in the world when it came to configurability. I know that the software is slowly departing from the ideal introduced with PB360, but it is difficult for me to accept that there is not an option to set justification on the newest models.
What model are you talking about?
Can you get Coolreader for your model?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:13 PM   #5
Krios
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
PocketBook used to be the best reader in the world when it came to configurability. I know that the software is slowly departing from the ideal introduced with PB360, but it is difficult for me to accept that there is not an option to set justification on the newest models.
What model are you talking about?
Can you get Coolreader for your model?
Inkpad 3, i will try Coolreader.
Advert
Old 10-26-2021, 05:58 AM   #6
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
By the way, see if you like Koreader's font rendering better with font hinting set to off.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:11 AM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Inkpad 3, i will try Coolreader.
I found this
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=294668
Do not hesitate to ask if you do not understand something.
PocketBook has configuration file extensions.cfg that lists what app should open what ebook formats by default.
In the past you could have several apps and by holding a button on a book in library you got to choose.
There are also other apps for PocketBook, such as linux terminal (to access the underlying Linux) gvim text editor, some games ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:57 AM   #8
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If Krios doesn't like Koreader text rendering he will not like coolreader, they use the same engine for epub (well not quite the same, coolreader on pocketbook is outdated but still).
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #9
Krios
Zealot

Thanks everyone, i tried KOReader again, and it looks better, and is faster, than the last time i tried it (more that 2 years ago).
Old 11-20-2021, 08:21 AM   #10
kutusov
Enthusiast
kutusov began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro; Kobo Libra 2
I have a Pocketbook and I enable justified text on Caliber. I then transfer the file to the reader and works just fine
kutusov is offline   Reply With Quote