Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-21-2021, 03:03 PM   #6571
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggy626 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right way to request this, but I'd like to be able to download from http://www.blackraptor.net/.

On a related note, is there a way for me to look at this ENORMOUS thread to see if there are questions already answered about my issue?
I did look, that's not a very good candidate site--it looks like it's flat page site without any significant metadata or automated organization. I would also direct you to the first FAQ.

There's a 'Search this thread' function, although is the third different 'search' on the page. And Google does index mobileread.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #6572
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggy626 View Post
On a related note, is there a way for me to look at this ENORMOUS thread to see if there are questions already answered about my issue?
There's the "search this thread," but it can be a bit fussy and sometimes arbitrarily reject words. So when that fails I use Google with site:mobileread.com "fanficfare" my search terms.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM   #6573
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Enthusiast
Ser4nb2LUY6e began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro on Android
Would it be possible to add a custom column that records how long the last download/update of a book took?
Ser4nb2LUY6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:02 AM   #6574
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser4nb2LUY6e View Post
Would it be possible to add a custom column that records how long the last download/update of a book took?
Maybe also 3 columns that count successful (there was a change), unsuccessful (no change) and failed (error other than "no change) updates?
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM   #6575
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's a bit complicated to break out story by story with all the foreground/background processing and caching that goes on.

If counted from the initial start with foreground metadata fetching, the time spent on other downloads' metadata fetch would also be counted. If counted from the start of background processing, metadata cached from FG fetching would discount that time.

And should end time be counted before the output file is written (so it can be included in logpage/titlepage) or after the output file is written? Which can be several to many seconds for large stories.

Existing dateCreated metadata is a datetime set on adapter create in the BG task for plugin.

I think I could add a dateDownloadFinished metadata entry set at the end of download (but before output write) pretty easily. Is there a way for Calibre to look up the output file's modified timestamp? That would give you time after output write.

I'm not really interested in trying to profile anymore accurately than that at a user level.

Quote:
Maybe also 3 columns that count successful (there was a change), unsuccessful (no change) and failed (error other than "no change) updates?
I believe the existing 'error' column, with 'Save All Errors' checked, already covers that. Split it out as you like with custom columns.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #6576
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FlareSolverr updated, but there's a lot of changes so it won't work with FFF. So use an older version (1.2.9) if you were planning to.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Yesterday at 06:03 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #6577
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Flaresolverr v2.0.0 is a complete rewrite, which says that it removes the download option that FFF uses.

I make no promises the new version will work.

EDIT: FusionFF specifically mentions the new Flaresolverr doesn't work with FFF. Seems to me an important detail when passing it on to a primarily user oriented forum...

Last edited by JimmXinu; Yesterday at 06:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #6578
ownedbycats
Wizard

That's what I was afraid of. I edited my post to make it a bit more clear that the new version won't work and to use 1.2.9.
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #6579
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
It's a bit complicated to break out story by story with all the foreground/background processing and caching that goes on.

If counted from the initial start with foreground metadata fetching, the time spent on other downloads' metadata fetch would also be counted. If counted from the start of background processing, metadata cached from FG fetching would discount that time.

And should end time be counted before the output file is written (so it can be included in logpage/titlepage) or after the output file is written? Which can be several to many seconds for large stories.

Existing dateCreated metadata is a datetime set on adapter create in the BG task for plugin.

I think I could add a dateDownloadFinished metadata entry set at the end of download (but before output write) pretty easily. Is there a way for Calibre to look up the output file's modified timestamp? That would give you time after output write.

I'm not really interested in trying to profile anymore accurately than that at a user level.
I'm using the "Background Metadata" option if that makes a difference. (In my experience, for some reason, the total time for the update I daily run on 50 or so stories is always shorter with "background metadata" instead of metadata in the foreground and then download in the background).

With "Background Metadata", there should be a specific time window start to finish for each story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I believe the existing 'error' column, with 'Save All Errors' checked, already covers that. Split it out as you like with custom columns.
I already have that column, but I'm not sure how that would give me what I want: three integer columns, one of which (depending on outcome) gets incremented by one every time FFF updates that story?