Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-17-2021, 09:08 AM   #31
Renate
Addict
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
When I had the tablet open I did experiment to see if it would work without the battery.
Does the battery on this connect on only two wires? I can't keep track of which Onyx models do this. Using only two wires is not typical of modern practice. At the very least you want a temperature sensor directly on the battery, maybe some sort of battery identification system.

If you want to run anything without battery, it's better to inject power at the battery incoming point rather than using the USB connector.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:11 PM   #32
bopsis
bopsis began at the beginning.

Device: POCKETBOOK PRO 903, Microsoft Surface Pro, Onyx BOOX Max2
There are three wires. Positive, negative and I don't know what. There is no temperature sensor connected directly to the original battery - only the two terminals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	189301  
bopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:57 PM   #33
Renate
Addict
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
The white wire is probably the temperature sensor. It's mounted on the BMS (battery management system) PCB under the Kapton tape.

It's interesting that that's the second Onyx I've seen with both solder spots to tack solder the wires and a nearby connector.

The Poke3 uses a high density (0.4 mm pitch) mezzanine connector for the battery. I've no idea how many conductors it's actually using.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote