Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #31
Bembo
Enthusiast
Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Why do you have to settle for Amazon? This is not a diss for the Paperwhite, but the reality is that recent Kobos are a good match for Amazon offerings, and in 2 cases now, the Elipsa and the Forma, Kobo actually offers ereaders for which there is no Amazon equivalent.
Haha, I agree actually. I recently just sold my Paperwhite 3 and got a Kobo Clara HD. I'm really enjoying the customization options and that I can do whatever I like with my own device. And sideloaded books are not a pain in the ass, either. Some things are taking getting used to (e.g. not all features are one-to-one, of course). But I'm sure I'll get used to that.

Kobo was definitely the better choice, I just wish I had gone that route from the start. I didn't do enough research the first time.
Bembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 06:33 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
IMHO, the PW4 is a step backwards for Amazon as the screen is less clear/sharp then the PW3.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:51 AM   #33
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
IMHO, the PW4 is a step backwards for Amazon as the screen is less clear/sharp then the PW3.
The flush screen is nice though. I wish Kobo would go back to that. If the screen isn't IR, make it a flush screen.

The Clara has a better screen and the orange lighting is great. But the old 6" Aura was a better designed bit of hardware.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:37 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The flush screen is nice though. I wish Kobo would go back to that. If the screen isn't IR, make it a flush screen.

The Clara has a better screen and the orange lighting is great. But the old 6" Aura was a better designed bit of hardware.
Personally, I'm not bothered if the screen is not flush. Don't make the screen flush if it's going to sacrifice clarity. Yes I'm looking at you Amazon for the botch job you did on the PW4.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote