Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-11-2021, 05:14 AM   #16
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
...same concept as people using classes (<p class="para">, <blockquote class="block">, etc.). Just define the base tag, then use a class or ID for a specific deviation from the default.

If there IS a reason, I would be interested in knowing.

You will also hear that tables should only be used when you absolutely MUST... and anything larger than 2-3 columns should be re-thought as it really messes up the display on smaller screen sizes; large tables usually do better as an image.
Maybe this could enlighten you
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=341035
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #17
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I'm not seeing how this link answers the question??

My question was:
Quote:
I have seen css using "id" tags to define something specific...especially if it is used with js, but I haven't figured out if there is a point to it just to say that it is a tag... (especially since the IDs need to be unique). eg. <table id="table">

...same concept as people using classes (<p class="para">, <blockquote class="block">, etc.). Just define the base tag, then use a class or ID for a specific deviation from the default.

If there IS a reason, I would be interested in knowing.
First off - ID's need to be unique - you can't define all your tables with the id="table". You would want to use a class.

Second - it's just silly to use a class to define an element as that element. Why would you use <p class="para"> when the <p> means it is a paragraph in the first place?? You would simply define your standard/normal/default paragraph styling in your CSS, then use a class for any paragraph that is NOT standard.

Code:
p {margin:0; text-indent:1.2em} //* or whatever you want *//
p.red {font-weight:bold; color:red}

<p>This is a normal paragraph.</p>
<p class="red">This is a red, bold, paragraph.</p>
The same concept applies to <blockquote class="block">, and <div class="division"> - or even worse - <div class="para">, <div class="block">.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert