Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-15-2021, 05:58 AM   #1
Emix83
Emix83 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h20
Problem with book recognition in device

I have a problem with koreader and calibre:
Basically all the books I send to the device from calibre directly into koreader, calibre doesn't see them in the device's library and consequently I don't even have the green tick in calibre's library and can't realise which books I've actually sent to the device. Any suggestions?
Emix83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:03 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix83 View Post
I have a problem with koreader and calibre:
Basically all the books I send to the device from calibre directly into koreader, calibre doesn't see them in the device's library and consequently I don't even have the green tick in calibre's library and can't realise which books I've actually sent to the device. Any suggestions?
We don't support the app that comes bundled in the crappy "app store" that that chinese company contains.

Try to reproduce using a legit version, either downloaded from:

1. https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases
2. https://ota.koreader.rocks/
3. https://f-droid.org/es/packages/org....uncher.fdroid/
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:10 AM   #3
Emix83

I can't understand your answer. Perhaps i couldn't explain my problem.

Koreader is installed in a kobo device and obviously I took it by official github repo.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:26 AM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sorry. I was reading a bunch of things quickly and mixed your issue with another one .

Which version of KO are you using?

If you're pushing books using wireless transfer of calibre these books should receive their green tick after transfer them. If you're pushing books using a usb cable the same should happen.

If you keep your books in a folder other than platform defaults (/mnt/onboard for kobos) and connect to calibre wirelessly only the books there will be reported as in device.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:56 AM   #5
Emix83

I updated it this morning so now I have the latest version.
But I can't understand, it is several month that calibre can't recognize the book in the device. I notice that latest book recognized was transferred in July.
This issue is suddenly appear. And I don't have idea about the reason. Nothing is changed.
I know that the book should be recognize either in usb and WiFi mode but not happen.

Quote:
If you keep your books in a folder other than platform defaults (/mnt/onboard for kobos) and connect to calibre wirelessly only the books there will be reported as in device.
Also in case of subfolder for examples: "/mmt/onboard/author"?

Last edited by Emix83; 10-15-2021 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:54 AM   #6
Emix83

And this isn't the only issue.
Now, moreover previously problems I notice that in koreader, the books I sent with calibre (archived in series called "Micky mouse" just for example) isn't archived in the Series. In other words, the series "micky mouse" doesn't exist (in koreader)!
I am puzzled because yesterday this series was on my device.
I think that koreader want to make me crazy
Old 10-15-2021, 12:35 PM   #7
Emix83

I can't update my latest message, sorry for the multiple tred.
I also tried to push the book via kobo system and incredible but I have the same problems.
When i connect my kobo either via kobo-os or koreader, for calibre my latest book it was uploaded in 24/07/2021. For calibre i never uploaded anything after this date.
Moreover, in koreader i can't use meta-data: for latest book uploaded there wasn't tag or series.
This is a super huge, very giant, problem for me. All these books is for my Thesis is necessary that I can archive in the correct way inside my ebook reader, for fastet research.
Please Help me
Old 10-15-2021, 12:48 PM   #8
Emix83

I can't update my latest message, sorry for the multiple tred.
I also tried to push the book via kobo system and incredible but I have the same problems.
When i connect my kobo either via kobo-os or koreader, for calibre my latest book it was uploaded in 24/07/2021. For calibre i never uploaded anything after this date.
Moreover, in koreader i can't use meta-data: for latest book uploaded there wasn't tag or series.
This is a super huge, very giant, problem for me. All these books is for my Thesis is necessary that I can archive in the correct way inside my ebook reader, for fastet research.
Please Help me

--Edit
I have no Idea what I did, but suddenly all is come back to the normality.
Old 10-15-2021, 01:36 PM   #9
pazos
cosiñeiro

A quick solution would be:

Don't mix wireless and cable transfers. They're not the same.

When you send books via USB calibre can see the contents of your ereader and scan the books there. That should be always 100% accurate, no matter if you're using Nickel, KOReader, plato or Inkbox. Books are placed in "/mnt/onboard", usually by author but that's a preference you setup on calibre.

When you send books wirelessly calibre can't see the contents of your device. It request that info to the client. The client will report the books it knows, that will match or not the books your device has.

There's no way to know which books are indeed in the device without scanning its storage recursively, which is painfully slow. Our approach is:

A calibre library stored on the device has a json file which contains certain metadata as well as file paths. When we are in charge of that file (that happens *only* on wireless transfers) we recreate the same file on the folder you selected as the inbox for wireless transfers.

The other part of the cake, the metadata search, works by looking at these json files and returns matches by tags/series/authors/paths/titles. Since it doesn't care about who wrote the file on the first place it will work with both usb transfers and wireless transfers.

In short:

1. metadata search will work with multiple calibre libraries stored on various folders of your device.

2. with default calibre/ko setup KOReader will only report books that were transfered using wireless

3. you can change default calibre setup by disabling your device driver on calibre and using "connect to folder". Then connect to the same folder you defined as your inbox for wireless transfers. That way calibre will update the json file on wired transfers and koreader will do the same on wireless ones.

4. using your device driver (kobo/kindle/bq...) and pointing your inbox dir to the folder used by calibre on your device is possible but not recommended. In fact you'll get a warning message if you try to set the inbox on your platform defaults.
Old 10-17-2021, 02:39 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Possibly similar in spirit to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=339947
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote