Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Is your Sony add on case hub alinement ok?
Brown case ok. 15 34.09%
Brown case shift reader by X degrees. 15 34.09%
Red case ok. 3 6.82%
Red case shift reader by X degrees. 11 25.00%
Green case ok. 1 2.27%
Green case shift reader by X degrees. 1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #31
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Intresting about this part. *) The reader will need to be removed from the jacket in order to fit into the dock.* because their websight states this.

Even while closed, you’ll find access to all ports, so you never need to remove your reader for synching or charging.

now perhaps it won't work if you have the docking station, but for those of us with the regular plug in from the wall charger it should work.

I was also told there is a complete satisfaction guarantee on the thing and to return if you are not happy.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #32
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
That is the sleeve jacket..... they also have a leather Jacket for it now..... I don't want the pouch...
Here is the link to the picture of the Leather Jacket.....will also be coming in Red and Brown, from what they are telling me.
I of course meant the leather jacket, as it is a leather competitor to the Sony leather cases.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #33
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
M-Edge

You all convinced me. I just pre-ordered the black Sony Reader Leather eMotion Jacket.
Thanks
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #34
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie
You all convinced me. I just pre-ordered the black Sony Reader Leather eMotion Jacket.
Thanks
Please let us know how you like it when you receive it.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #35
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

m-edge

Ship date for the Sony Reader emotion jacket just slipped from 2/15 to 3/1. They already hit my credit card. I would've expected them to not debit until the item was ready to ship. A bit of a disappointment there.

(see new posting below - they had slipped the public date when they sold their lot BUT will ship the first batch on time - impressive)

Last edited by Mookie; 02-13-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Advert
Old 02-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #36
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Perhaps they did ship it then earlier than expected? Maybe they received a small shipment in themselves?

Just remember they have a 100% guarantee regardless and will also pay back shipping if need be. They sound like a decent and honest company from what I can tell. Always prompt anwering a question. Don't find many company's that do that.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #37
Mookie
Major Major

m-edge

You were 100% correct. They notified my my jacket will ship on 2/15. I am chagrined. I sent a query and they responded within 10 minutes. Amazing.

I will post pics and impressions once it arrives.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #38
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Look forward to it. Also curious as to how that thing fits in the sleeve part, or where it slides in. Top, side? I just wish they would hurry with the colors. If Sony offers that DB one seperate before the colors come out there is going to be competition, and well if the price is right... I just really like the looks of that DB one.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #39
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
D&B will probably be at least $100 based on their other product prices.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #40
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Probably true and if so, probably more than I would be willing to spend. But I do weird off the wall things at times, so ya never know. If one was sitting in front of my face <G>
Old 02-18-2007, 06:26 AM   #41
Mookie
Major Major

M-edge jacket delayed

Just notified that the jacket ship date has slipped.

"Due to a shipping issue our ship date for this item has slipped to 28 Feb 2007. We very much apologize for this additional delay."

Well, at least they notified me and offered a refund.

I replied that I'll wait UNLESS they are near to announcing a red jacket, in which case I asked them to switch my order...

Last edited by Mookie; 02-18-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #42
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

yes, that is nice of them to let you know about the delay. I don't see any problems with this company at all. I know I would appreciate the email and notice that you got.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #43
Mookie
Major Major

Red is coming!

Just received word from M-Edge that the red version should be available by the end of March. I've asked them to adjust my order. I can be patient (maybe) for a red jacket.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #44
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

End of March for the Red one? Oh well, I guess I can wait, having a Jacket doesn't make the book read any better. Guess we won't be getting an early review now from you on the black one. Well maybe someone else around here will want a black one and purchase it. At least we know for sure they will have Red.

Thanks for the additional information. I was going to ask you what they said about the Red. You beat me to it <G>
Old 02-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #45
Mookie
Major Major

M-edge shipping

OK, now we're on Plan B (or maybe D, E or F?).

I was just notified M-Edge can now ship the original jacket tomorrow (Tuesday 2/20). So I changed my order BACK to the original...

More to follow...