Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Battery Life

An interesting post on the Windows Mobile team blog about the impact of "blinking LED's" on battery life. This is obviously related to windows mobile phones, but having the led blink as frequently as it does on the iLiad probably impacts battery life more than we think.

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/default.aspx
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
Paethon
Paethon began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
In Standby the LED doesn't blink. It only blinks when the CPU is running so im not quite sure if this makes a big difference.
And besides that I like the LED. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see at all if the device is doing something or not
Paethon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #3
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Agreed, but it's interesting to see the potential impact on batter life of something as small as the led. From an activity standpoint they just need to get the software optimized so we don't need to guess if it's doing anything Given the hardware specs I don't see any reason why this thing won't speed up considerably as the further develop the software.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Actually, the blinking saves energy compared to always on.

I put up an article on the front page about that WM team blog entry, and pulled out some of the LED information, and did some additional estimates for a PPC smartphone.
(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...?threadid=7241)

If you use that information, plus the battery specs and standard iLiad battery life, you should be able to extrapolate approximately how much effect the LED has on battery life.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
uvevane
uvevane began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Question Irex Iliad life span

I bought an Irex Iliad for my wife in September. She is an avid reader and I do not know how many charge/discharge cycle the battery can take. It now does no longer charge, (the transformer is OK) What can we do ?
What type of battery does it use and where do I find them ? (We live in Zimbabwe !)
Thanks for any help.
uvevane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvevane View Post
I bought an Irex Iliad for my wife in September. She is an avid reader and I do not know how many charge/discharge cycle the battery can take. It now does no longer charge, (the transformer is OK) What can we do ?
What type of battery does it use and where do I find them ? (We live in Zimbabwe !)
Thanks for any help.
If you've only had it since September, then it should still be under warranty. Contact iRex and they will probably replace the battery for free.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
tudou331100
Enthusiast
tudou331100 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad V1, palm treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvevane View Post
Thanks for any help.
usually 300-500 charge cycle
tudou331100 is offline   Reply With Quote