Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you ever met someone from MobileRead IRL?
Yes and I want to again. 19 32.20%
Yes and never again. 0 0%
No, but I would like to. 35 59.32%
No and I don't care to meet anyone. 5 8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2009, 10:55 PM   #16
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I haven't yet met anyone from MR, in person, but talk to a few like I already have.

I missed meeting Zelda (by that much) on her trip to Canada last year, but we've been email buddies since those early days just after joining MobileRead.com.

Also, RWood and I have common goals that we aspire to and have developed a keen respect for one anothers talents!

As mentioned by kazbates, an international meet-up is a good idea. Anyone know of a good video conferencing site...

Maybe soon I'll get the chance to meet some members (shighfield, ficbot, ...) at an up and coming Toronto meet-up; that has been discussed but not as of yet finalized as to the nitty gritty details.

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-17-2009 at 10:58 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #17
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've met Adrian, quite a bit. Also pshrynk, on multiversal pub-crawls. Apart from that, I've met no-one from MR.

There's lots of folk I'd like to meet, but my archetype for any such meeting is spending many days and evenings quietly getting 'round Paris with Queen Zee and Taylor514ce, taking time to record the pleasure (Queen Zee and T with notepad/sketchbook, me with my camera(s)).

'Course, then I'd like to meet pshrynk too. I sometimes don't feel quite right in the head, and I want to give him $300 to tell me to "Get over it!".

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 12:21 AM   #18
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
If Rebarnmom and I can ever get our schedules together, a meetup is in the works. If BadgoodDeb would care to make a trip out to the sticks, we'll be glad to include her as well!
I'm sorry Shel. I don't seem to get much opportunity to get out without my daughter and her friends lately or my hubby. I'll have to set something up with you soon! We live too close to not make this happen soon!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #19
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I have met countless friends from other boards on the internet throughout my life, but never MR. In fact, I spent a lovely day meeting with a friend and her family from one of the mom's boards I belonged to once upon a time. I am also going to be meeting witha few friends from a teaching board I'm currently on. As for MR.... anyone want to plan a Hawai'i meet up?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #20
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I'm sorry Shel. I don't seem to get much opportunity to get out without my daughter and her friends lately or my hubby. I'll have to set something up with you soon! We live too close to not make this happen soon!
Daughter, friends, and hubby are more than welcome hon. I'm not picky. My schedule for this weekend is kinda hectic - I'm going to DeKalb tomorrow, I work Friday, Saturday I'm off and nothing going on, and Sunday is Chris's graduation ceremonies in Chicago.
Next week's days off are good though, since no classes right now my Tuesdays and Thursdays are free, if you want to try something then.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Haven't yet, but would love to... And all those meet-ups are so far away! The closest would either be Paris or Frankfurt and both are about 8 hours. While that may not seem too far away to you Americans and Canadians, for a Dutch person it's not something you do just like that...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:04 AM   #22
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Haven't yet, but would love to... And all those meet-ups are so far away! The closest would either be Paris or Frankfurt and both are about 8 hours. While that may not seem too far away to you Americans and Canadians, for a Dutch person it's not something you do just like that...
It's awfully far for me, as every meet up requires me to cross an ocean (or two) and I'm just not *that* good of a swimmer, otter and penguin tendencies aside...
Old 06-18-2009, 02:05 AM   #23
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
It's awfully far for me, as every meet up requires me to cross an ocean (or two) and I'm just not *that* good of a swimmer, otter and penguin tendencies aside...
You should organize one on your island and make a beach party!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:13 AM   #24
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Haven't yet, but would love to... And all those meet-ups are so far away! The closest would either be Paris or Frankfurt and both are about 8 hours.
Just you, your Pocket Loox and a good reading for at least 8 hours... That sounds good, doesn't it?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:07 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Just you, your Pocket Loox and a good reading for at least 8 hours... That sounds good, doesn't it?
How can I read if I have to drive a car? If I'd go by train, it's way more expensive...
Old 06-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #26
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
You should organize one on your island and make a beach party!
Will you come???
Old 06-18-2009, 03:15 AM   #27
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Will you come???
I can't this year, I'm fresh out of vacation time. But next year, absolutely! Give me half a reason to go there, and I'll book a trip as fast as the bits will cross the line!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:14 AM   #28
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
There are quite a few people here I'd love to meet, and I do hope to make it to one of the Paris meet-ups!
Oh, AM, YES!!!! I want to got to Paris too. I won't make it to their next one, but fortunately they're having meet-ups all the time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
I have never met someone from MobileRead in real life but i plan to do it at the first german meet-up (27 June 2009 in Frankfurt/Main). I can hardly wait until then...

(Yes, this is just another shameless marketing of our meet-up. )
Me too, me too!!!!! Only nine days left!!!!

Quote:
Come on Sweetpea! Eight hours is not that far. What about listenning to some audio books while driving?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:32 AM   #29
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
How can I read if I have to drive a car? If I'd go by train, it's way more expensive...
What about a co-driver who can read you a good book on the long drive?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:33 AM   #30
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

I would have gone if I hadn't had a prior engagement... We want to be in Amsterdam by monday and we'll need the Saturday to prepare for our holiday... (checking the tent, finding all the stuff needed, doing groceries, etc).

And that prior engagement is much more important, I've been waiting for that for over 3 years!