Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-28-2019, 03:21 AM   #1
xversion1
Enthusiast
xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Question If a Kindle is blacklisted, is there anyway I can register it?

I have a blacklist Kindle. It's blacklisted because its touch screen only work like 5 or 10 mins before it acts like it's being touched constantly even though it's not. I'm not in the US so the shipping fee costs quite much and they don't need me to send this defected one back to them.
I know it's almost useless now but sometime it's helpful when I want to read something very quick like some short jokes.
And still I want to sync its contents with other Kindle platforms logging in the same account.
As far as far I know there's no way I can bypass this blocking even with jailbreaking, but still want to if anyone has ever did that.
xversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 03:48 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
You can make fake registration (jailbreak required) and get access to collections and time setting.
You cannot use Amazon online services in any case.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2019, 04:18 AM   #3
xversion1
Enthusiast
xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
You can make fake registration (jailbreak required) and get access to collections and time setting.
You cannot use Amazon online services in any case.
Which means I can't sync books' bookmarks?
Old 11-28-2019, 05:05 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by xversion1 View Post
I have a blacklist Kindle. It's blacklisted because its touch screen only work like 5 or 10 mins...
no, its blacklisted because the legit owner has reported it lost or stolen.

Amazon don't blacklist for other reasons, unless they told you to scrap it & sent you a brand new one in its place , then you are trying to cheat them by using both the old and the new.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:48 AM   #5
xversion1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
no, its blacklisted because the legit owner has reported it lost or stolen.

Amazon don't blacklist for other reasons, unless they told you to scrap it & sent you a brand new one in its place , then you are trying to cheat them by using both the old and the new.
This is a quick accused man. They did blacklist for another reason. They blacklisted my Kindle because the fee to send it back to them is $50 and they offer me a new one for only $40. I think that's why they let me keep it and to be clear they didn't told me to scrap it. I'm trying to use both (although using for 5 or 10 mins doesn't sound like "use" that much) but I don't think I cheat on them by any mean.
Advert
Old 11-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Members are required to be polite to each other, which includes not accusing them of being underhanded. If a post violates the guidelines, report it. In any case, please refrain from making accusations. If you must comment, couch it in generalities.

Last edited by issybird; 11-28-2019 at 09:07 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:52 AM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xversion1 View Post
This is a quick accused man. They did blacklist for another reason. They blacklisted my Kindle because the fee to send it back to them is $50 and they offer me a new one for only $40. I think that's why they let me keep it and to be clear they didn't told me to scrap it. I'm trying to use both (although using for 5 or 10 mins doesn't sound like "use" that much) but I don't think I cheat on them by any mean.
My father is using a Kindle Keyboard that I bought from a pawn shop and found out it was blacklisted (several years ago). I called Amazon and asked them if they wanted me to send it to them so they could get it reunited to its legal owner — they advised me to get my money back from the pawn shop instead. At $10 I figured it was worth keeping it. I guess once they've written them off, they've written them off. My dad won't use WiFi anyhow, so it works out perfectly for him.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
ok - it's as i said "unless they told you to scrap it & sent you a brand new one in its place "

the offered deal was "accept this new one and scrap the old", even if they did not spell it out.
otherwise, why did they blacklist it ?
clearly they don't want it to be used so they have done all they can to stop that happening.

TBH I don't care what you did , but its inadvisable to ask here for workarounds to blacklists

Last edited by stumped; 11-28-2019 at 09:16 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:42 AM   #9
Tuneraider
Connoisseur
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle, Tolino, Nook
Unclaimed and lost baggage auctions would be one way of owning a legal blacklisted Kindle. Move on if the seller wouldn't provide the serial number so it can be checked to see if listed as stolen. The're fine for sideloaded books.
Tuneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #10
xversion1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
ok - it's as i said "unless they told you to scrap it & sent you a brand new one in its place "

the offered deal was "accept this new one and scrap the old", even if they did not spell it out.
otherwise, why did they blacklist it ?
clearly they don't want it to be used so they have done all they can to stop that happening.

TBH I don't care what you did , but its inadvisable to ask here for workarounds to blacklists
Why you try to force me into "your deal"? You act like everything must happen the way you said. It doesn't work like that, man. I don't want to argue with you further about this because it'll lead to nowhere. I just try to tell you that you should not jump to any conclusion like that next time before you know more information.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #11
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
This makes no sense. Devices do not get blacklisted unless they are reported stolen. There is no reason to blacklist a device just because it is not working right. I could be wrong. Just sounds odd to me
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:38 PM   #12
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
HLS--
The device was defective and Amazon sent a replacement device. Instead of requiring it to be returned, they blacklisted the device. Just a step by Amazon to make sure that the device being replaced is truly not going to be used.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
My father is using a Kindle Keyboard that I bought from a pawn shop and found out it was blacklisted (several years ago). I called Amazon and asked them if they wanted me to send it to them so they could get it reunited to its legal owner — they advised me to get my money back from the pawn shop instead. At $10 I figured it was worth keeping it. I guess once they've written them off, they've written them off. My dad won't use WiFi anyhow, so it works out perfectly for him.
That's wrong no matter how much you paid or even if it was free. You know it was stolen and yet this stolen Kindle is still being used. You've made your father an accessory to a crime. What you should have done when Amazon said to get your money back was go to the police and report this stolen Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:40 PM   #14
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Everybody has their own idea of right or wrong. In this case I think the only idea that matters is Amazon's and it's been my experience they really don't care as much about the principle as they care about the practical aspects of things.

I value Amazon and I would hate to lose access to them because I live in a rural area and don't have a car. So to protect myself when I was doing something that might (or might not) violate their terms of service I called and asked them if it was okay. They said sure, it's fine with them. Then I got nervous when accounts were being closed a couple years later so I called and asked them again. This time I was told not only that it's okay but that a lot of their employees do the same thing. Amazon didn't care so why should anyone else.

The issue in question was removing DRM from books I've bought from Amazon and sending the converted mobi file to my library, allowing me to use it on my many devices without worrying about the 6 device limit. Amazon doesn't care and as a result I don't care.

I currently have 7 Kindles, 3 Fires and 4 phones with Kindle apps that I read with. I'm the only one reading these books, with occasional exceptions when I loan a Kindle to a neighbor, something I did tell Amazon about. The problem is I like to rotate my devices so I put all the books I intend to read in the near future on each device. When I started sending in books as described above there was no way to determine which devices a book was on so I could remove the ones I don't need. Now Amazon's site let's me do that although it's still pretty tricky and time consuming. In those days I sometimes spent an hour or more figuring it all out before I could read a book on a particular device.

We buy Kindles. We own them. No-one in this forum can tell us what we're allowed to do with them.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:27 PM   #15
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm shocked by how judgemental some of the posters in this thread are being. There is no evidence that the OP is doing anything wrong. I would advise the OP to contact Amazon to ask for the device to be unblacklisted.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote