Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
kevintran
kevintran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Blacklisted DXg

I have a blacklisted DXg. How do I change the time, register ( I tried doing this but I have no idea what to do https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87336 )? Please help me
kevintran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #2
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
Regarding a blacklisted device you won't get any help here but a suggestion to call Amazons customer service.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The thread you linked to only allows the Kindle to THINK it's registered... it won't really BE registered (access to 3G, Amazon DRM'ed content, and Whispernet synching). It's just a trick to be able to to use/enable the collections feature. So if you absolutely have to have collections, that thread is probably the best resource you're going to find on the subject.

The best advice I have is to just side-load (USB cable) all of your reading content and enjoy it for what it is—an eReader for DRM-free content (with no collections or 3G access).

Even if it were possible to get your black-listed Kindle officially registered (and it may be possible for all I know), such a process probably wouldn't be allowed to be discussed on MobileRead.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Amazon won't be able to do anything. If it is blacklisted, it is blacklisted. You will have to use a hack to trick it or side load using USB cord.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintran View Post
I have a blacklisted DXg. How do I change the time, register ( I tried doing this but I have no idea what to do https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87336 )? Please help me
If it's not originally yours and you bought it blacklisted, all you can do is try to get your money back from the person who sold it to you. otherwise, you're screwed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I hope that it wasn't presented to you as a fully functional, non-blacklisted Kindle.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintran View Post
I have a blacklisted DXg...
How do you KNOW that it is really blacklisted?

I bought a DXG cheap off ebay that the previous owner (ebay store/pawn shop) SAID was blacklisted and could not be registered. I had planned to use it for parts, but I tried registering it first anyway, and it WORKED (when registered to MY amazon account)!

I have talked to somebody who claims that they had to deregister a kindle in order to register a new one, so perhaps the previous owner of my "for parts" DXG had too many kindles registered to his account and only THOUGHT that this one was blacklisted.

If you have multiple kindles registered to your amazon account, you may want to try deregistering one and then reregistering the "blacklisted" DXG.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-28-2011 at 03:47 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote