Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #91
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
That is extraordinary thanks a lot.

Is there any chance that you could activate the pen on eink so that we see what we are writing?
Not luck on that yet.Still thanks for your suggestion.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #92
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
I will try your version 1.5, bet is awesome. I still want to donate!
Thank you vicinc.
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #93
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
THere are some apps that use pressure sensitivity. Look for instance:
http://es.androidzoom.com/android_ap...raw_bbykn.html

I haven't get a chance to try it yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
lcd2eink 0.1.5 released.
added feature:map wacom pen event to tablet. I have also map pressure level,but is there any android app which can use pressure level?

how to use:
1.install lcd2eink;
2.launch lcd2eink;
3.check"Use Wacom Pen Input";
4.use wacom pen on eink to operate app on tablet(you can even draw in this way)

This release uses calibration data based on my PE,which means the mapping may be not accurate on your PE. If you have an EE,please try it and let me know whether the mapping can work.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #94
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Javese,

I think what you are looking for is:
Code:
I: Bus=0013 Vendor=0040 Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="Wacom DSU"
P: Phys=ttyS2/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse2 event6 evbug 
B: EV=b
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=1000003
I'm also attaching the rest of the output.

Quote:
Thanks fgruber.If you have successfully connected your EE to adb,can you run following commands for me and post the result?
adb shell
su
cat /proc/bus/input/devices

this will display all input devices in the EE and can help me to get the wacom work on the big EE.
Attached Files
File Type: txt wacom.txt (1.4 KB, 226 views)
Old 08-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #95
fgruber
Academic

By the way is it possible to detect hovering with the pen above the eink screen?
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #96
javese
Zealot

Quote:
THere are some apps that use pressure sensitivity. Look for instance:
http://es.androidzoom.com/android_ap...raw_bbykn.html

I haven't get a chance to try it yet though.
Thank you fgruber. There is an app called Scribble which uses real pressure sensitivity.I tried it with wacom on PE and it works.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #97
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Hi Javese,

I think what you are looking for is:
Code:
I: Bus=0013 Vendor=0040 Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="Wacom DSU"
P: Phys=ttyS2/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse2 event6 evbug 
B: EV=b
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=1000003
I'm also attaching the rest of the output.
Thank you fgruber!That's a great help!
EE uses same device id for wacom as PE,but uses different device id for tablet touch panel.
I'll fix that in the next release and will add calibration function with it.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #98
javese
Zealot

Quote:
By the way is it possible to detect hovering with the pen above the eink screen?
I'm not sure that I understand the word "hovering" quite.If it means long press,then yes.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #99
fgruber
Academic

No I mean by hovering that the wacom digitizer in windows can detect when the pen is close to screen but not touching it. In windows this hovering can be used to move the mouse cursor. Although there is not mouse cursor in android if the the hovering can be detected then it may be possible to make a program that shows some sort of cursor in the LCD.

Quote:
I'm not sure that I understand the word "hovering" quite.If it means long press,then yes.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #100
fgruber
Academic

Hi Javese

I have another suggestion. Is it possible to rotate the screenshot before sending it to the eink so that we can use the eink in portrait mode?

Because right now since we need to put the eink in landscape mode the menu shows up in the side making the eink narrower than it should be. If we could leave the eink in portraint mode then we would have more area.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:11 AM   #101
javese
Zealot

Quote:
No I mean by hovering that the wacom digitizer in windows can detect when the pen is close to screen but not touching it. In windows this hovering can be used to move the mouse cursor. Although there is not mouse cursor in android if the the hovering can be detected then it may be possible to make a program that shows some sort of cursor in the LCD.
That's really an innovative idea.Unfortunately I don't see any chance of it.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #102
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Hi Javese

I have another suggestion. Is it possible to rotate the screenshot before sending it to the eink so that we can use the eink in portrait mode?

Because right now since we need to put the eink in landscape mode the menu shows up in the side making the eink narrower than it should be. If we could leave the eink in portraint mode then we would have more area.
Thank you fgruber for the suggestion.However I have different opinion on this. The resolution of eink is 800*600 and lcd has a resolution of 800*480. By using landscape mode we get the maximum mapping area on eink with the reader toolbars on left and right.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:25 AM   #103
javese
Zealot

lcd2eink 0.1.6 released.
added feature:calibration function and hopefully the "map wacom pen event to tablet" can work on EE. There is an app called "Scribble" which uses real pressure sensitivity for drawing.

how to calibrate:
1.launch lcd2eink;
2.press "Calibrate" button;
3.touch the left top of lcd,right top of eink,right bottom of lcd,left bottom of eink,as indicated by arrows;
4.restart wacom listener by uncheck and check "Use Wacom Pen Input".

Thanks fgruber for the wacom.txt. If the "map wacom pen event to tablet" function of this release can work on EE,that's because of you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LCD2Eink_0.1.6.zip (40.1 KB, 193 views)
Old 08-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #104
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Thank you fgruber for the suggestion.However I have different opinion on this. The resolution of eink is 800*600 and lcd has a resolution of 800*480. By using landscape mode we get the maximum mapping area on eink with the reader toolbars on left and right.
Those must be the resolution for the PE.

The EE resolutions are: LCD - 1024 x 600 and e-ink - 1200 x 825.

I don't know if they make any difference but on the EE landscape on the e-ink is not necessary.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #105
fgruber
Academic

Hi Javese,

Thanks for the update. The wacom on the EE works now. But I think the calibration needs work. I ran the calibration several times but there is a big offset of several inches between the location where you write in the eink and where the handwriting shows up in the tablet.