Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #16
flubu
master of my own domain
flubu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You could be waiting a long time.
Are there any plans to have the new display in the reader at some point? Currently, who supports it?
flubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:50 AM   #17
flubu
master of my own domain
flubu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony has a deal where you can get the reader for $299 + a free cradle.
I was looking for it just now. Where from?
flubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:07 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flubu View Post
Are there any plans to have the new display in the reader at some point? Currently, who supports it?
We don't have any "inside information" about Sony's plans, I'm afraid.

It has been suggested that, at some point, the screen manufacturer (eInk) will switch all their production output over to manufacturing the new, faster, brighter screens, but although that does seem reasonable, it's nothing more than a guess. Nobody knows for sure except Sony and eInk, and they sure aren't going to tell us!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:20 PM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think you could read from the cradle just fine, if you took it out of the cover, and didn't plug in the USB connector. It keeps the page displayed when it's just connected to the charger and not the USB, but I don't know that this would be of any use to anyone, unless they just really didn't like holding up that heavy 9 oz. Reader.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flubu View Post
I was looking for it just now. Where from?
Read this thread and you'll see all the details.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11574
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote