Notices

Old 05-13-2021, 01:07 AM   #1
Hamsky
Enthusiast
Hamsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo H2O
Koreader Kobo H2O features dissapeared

Hi,

much useful features disappeared in v 2021.04. Could you please help how to get them back?

After upgrading to 2021.04 I have lost much good features on my Kobo:

1. Top right corner tap - was add a bookmark, now just next page!
2. Left side swipe up/down was backlight more/less, now just refresh!
3. Top left corner tap was night/day mode, now nothing
4. Can not find in all menus, how to set-up all taps / swipes anymore.

Anyone, who has the same problem, please help!!

Last edited by Hamsky; 05-13-2021 at 04:41 AM.
Hamsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:34 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You can customize the behavior in settings -> taps and gestures, but most of those are just defaults and if they weren't they still shouldn't have been reset. That's really weird. O.o
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2021, 12:03 AM   #3
Hamsky
Enthusiast

That is the problem, there is NOTHING in settings -> taps and gestures menu now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 62.png
Views:	46
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	187117  
Old 05-14-2021, 01:59 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That would suggest your installation is broken somehow. Perhaps also check settings/reader_menu_order.lua to see if you didn't get rid of it yourself in the past and forgot about it.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:19 AM   #5
Hamsky
Enthusiast

I just checked file - settings/reader_menu_order.lua (BTW It is located in \frontend\ui\elements\reader_menu_order.lua), and it has same contents as in distribution, I downloaded recently:

It has a gesture manager in menu, but reader does NOT display it!

Quote:
taps_and_gestures = {
"gesture_manager",
"gesture_intervals",
"----------------------------",
"follow_links",
"----------------------------",
"menu_activate",
"ignore_hold_corners",
"screen_disable_double_tab",
},

Last edited by Hamsky; 05-14-2021 at 04:49 AM.
Advert
Old 05-14-2021, 04:23 AM   #6
Hamsky
Enthusiast

And the worst things i see in defaults.lua, the best functions are DEPRECATED!!!

-- DTAP_ZONE_BOOKMARK = {x = 7/8, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8} -- deprecated
-- DTAP_ZONE_FLIPPING = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8} -- deprecated

If it is deprecated here, where were the moved to?
I really would like to use these functions!
Old 05-14-2021, 05:13 AM   #7
Hamsky
Enthusiast

Never mind, I have deleted all from koreader folder and copied from distro. Gesture manager has appeared.

Lost all reading stats, bookmarks and history thou.

Can close this thread.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsky View Post
(BTW It is located in \frontend\ui\elements\reader_menu_order.lua)
That would be the default, not a custom one to override the default.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:43 PM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard

@poire-z reminded me that you must have disabled the Gestures plugin at some point. That's in Tools → More tools → Plugin management.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:48 AM   #10
Hamsky
Enthusiast

Yes, I have checked it on my second Aura H2O, - the checkbox was on, so had to do same - delete all from koreader and new install with setup. No problem.

Thank you for a best reader!