Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2020, 09:23 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:14 PM   #32
Redgar
Redgar began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD n204b
My Aura HD n204b cant boot anymore.
So i need an image.

Thanks in advance, Redgar
Redgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2020, 11:25 PM   #33
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW1, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It does sound like the imaging is not being done correctly. I am sure I have seen reports of using Disk Utility successfully. But, it sounds like there is a problem with one of the cards. As one card works in both, and the other card works in neither, it suggests the card is failing. Have you tried a new card?
Hi davidfor, I finally got a new memory card managed to copy the card image onto the new one using a Windows computer. It all went fairly smoothly and I managed to get my Kobo to turn on with the new card inserted. When I brought it out to use in the evening, I woke it up from sleep but the screen became unresponsive. I opened it up to remove the battery connector to force it to shut off then reattached the battery connector again. Since then, I only get the LED light on the power button when I try to turn it on, and sometimes not even that. I've tried reseating the battery connector many times and get the same results.

I tried the new card on another H2O and it's also working there so the card is not the issue anymore.

At this point, do I have a brick? This H2O has served me well for 5 years and I would like to keep it going if that's still possible. Would appreciate any ideas you may have. Thank you!

(Also, not sure if I should be transferring this post to the H2O thread.)

Last edited by xtine; 10-23-2020 at 11:28 PM.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:10 AM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Redgar: PM sent.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:38 AM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Hi davidfor, I finally got a new memory card managed to copy the card image onto the new one using a Windows computer. It all went fairly smoothly and I managed to get my Kobo to turn on with the new card inserted. When I brought it out to use in the evening, I woke it up from sleep but the screen became unresponsive. I opened it up to remove the battery connector to force it to shut off then reattached the battery connector again. Since then, I only get the LED light on the power button when I try to turn it on, and sometimes not even that. I've tried reseating the battery connector many times and get the same results.

I tried the new card on another H2O and it's also working there so the card is not the issue anymore.

At this point, do I have a brick? This H2O has served me well for 5 years and I would like to keep it going if that's still possible. Would appreciate any ideas you may have. Thank you!

(Also, not sure if I should be transferring this post to the H2O thread.)
Did it actually work when you first put it back together? I assume it did, but, you don't explicitly state that it did. You say it started, but don't actually say it responded.

The Aura H2O uses IR touch. These need to be reassembled properly to align the IR beams and sensors across the screen. If the bezel and screen do not fit together properly, the beams won't hit the sensors. That might explain the earlier problems.

It could be a dead battery. Does it turn on when plugged in?

Other than that, try a manual factory reset. This can resolve problems after the image restore.

Other than that, I can't think of anything.
Advert
Old 10-24-2020, 05:02 AM   #36
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW1, Kobo Aura H2O
It worked when I first plugged the new SD card in (lights, IR, everything). I put it to sleep and set it aside. When I woke it up later to use it, the screen lit up but the touch screen was no longer responsive. Had to turn it off by pulling out the battery connector, after which the screen would no longer light up, the only indication I could get was the power button lighting up.

Battery seems to be okay as I even tried connecting the non-responsive H2O's battery connector to my other H2O to see if it could power it up, and it did.

Just a bit strange as the non-responsive H2O was working with the other H2O's SD card before the new card was put in. Anyway, we had a good five year run and I have a Kobo Forma on the way so I'm not too broken up about it.

Thank you for all your help, davidfor, it is always much appreciated.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #37
Redgar
Redgar began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD n204b
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Redgar: PM sent.
Hi davidfor,

You send me a PM but i dint recieve any mail.
Can you try it again ?
Thanks again

Redgar
Redgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgar View Post
You send me a PM but i dint recieve any mail.
Can you try it again ?
I have resent the PM. But, "PM" is "Personal Message" and is done within the forum. There should be a notification at the top right of the forum. Clicking that will take you to the PMs.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #39
Xearin
Xearin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello davidfor,

Could you please send me an image for the Aura HD? I'm currently trying to unbrick it, and due diligence replacing the SD card for a known good one.

Thanks in advance.
Xearin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #40
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:08 PM   #41
mikiti
mikiti
mikiti began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd
Kobo Aura HD sd card image

Hello, I Need Kobo Aura HD sd card image
Model: n204b
mikiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:07 PM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:24 PM   #43
trtvk
trtvk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd n204b
Hello, I Need Kobo Aura HD sd card image
Model: n204b
trtvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:38 PM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@trtvk: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 02-22-2021, 06:11 AM   #45
DieterB
DieterB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aurix HD ( N204B )
Hello,
is it possible to get the Kobo Aura HD sd card image for the n204b.
Thanks very much in advance.
DieterB is offline   Reply With Quote