Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2021, 06:51 PM   #1606
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by witteveder View Post
Thanks for sending it!

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to help. Using the image file, I wrote the image to an sd card, replaced the original one and turned on the device, but it's still in boot loop. I tried two sd cards. Anything else that I could try?
I usually expect that what you are seeing is a sign of a failing SD card. But, if you have tried new cards, it is something else. In case you are reusing small cards you have, you can use larger cards, but, for the Glo, I would not use anything bigger than 32GB.

The only other thing I can suggest is to do a manual factory reset with the new card in. There is a chance that this will interrupt the restore/boot loop, but, I would not be to hopeful.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:11 PM   #1607
witteveder
witteveder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I usually expect that what you are seeing is a sign of a failing SD card. But, if you have tried new cards, it is something else. In case you are reusing small cards you have, you can use larger cards, but, for the Glo, I would not use anything bigger than 32GB.

The only other thing I can suggest is to do a manual factory reset with the new card in. There is a chance that this will interrupt the restore/boot loop, but, I would not be to hopeful.
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately no improvement. I guess I'll have to look out for a new one.
witteveder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2021, 08:21 AM   #1608
lucylucy
lucylucy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hello!

May I also have Kobo Glo HD image?

Also, will I be able to bring back my Kobo to life? I accidentally didn’t eject my kobo as it was connected to my iPad, and now, it can’t be recognized by any of my computers. Also, there’s nothing on the screen. As in blank. It flashes when I turned on, white then black then white. Power button is red, blinking if it’s on.

I pulled out the SD card, tried it on my computer, computer recognizes it, but it wants me to reformat it. I was thinking that maybe I could reformat, then add the files back again. But I am not sure which ones should I add back to the SD card.

Is there a complete set of instructions out there? Other than adding the Kobo Glo HD images? Hope you can help me. I really want to read on my Glo. I feel so guilty killing it on its first day with me.
lucylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:34 PM   #1609
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@lucylucy: DO NOT FORMAT the card. That error comes from the fact that Windows does not properly handle removable with multiple partitions. If you have formatted it, the way to recover is with an image.

If you haven't formatted the card, you might be able to recover with a manual factory reset. Follow the last set of instructions on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Glo_HD.

Otherwise, you need an image. There are instructions for doing this at Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.

But, to get the image, you need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask for it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:56 AM   #1610
vberkouwer
vberkouwer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLo
Bricked GLo?

Hi, I think my Glo is bricked. It displays the cover of the last book i read and it says its switched off but i cannot get it to start. Tried holding the light button and turning it on.....the white light starts blinkin but nothing happens. Could you sent me the image so i can write this to my SD-card?

I even opened the glo, disconnectd the battery but the screen keeps working.....

THanks in advance!
vberkouwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2021, 06:47 PM   #1611
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

Disconnecting the battery will have no affect on the screen. E-ink screens use no power to maintain the image. The screen is written to, and then holds that until the next update.

And I recommend using a new SD card. The cards in the Glo are getting old and a lot have failed. You can use a larger card, but, 32GB is probably the maximum that will work.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:02 PM   #1612
zaznchius
zaznchius began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo N613

Hi there,

I have a Kobo with a corrupt internal SD card, which is totally my fault by the way. Could someone please point me to an image I could use?

Many thanks in advance
zaznchius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:22 PM   #1613
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:34 AM   #1614
gazyng
gazyng began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Nia
Hi. I've tried everything in the reset genre and to no avail, so as a last resort for trying to bring back my Kobo Glo HD to life any chance of an image I can use please?
Thanks in advance.
gazyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 05:49 AM   #1615
gazyng
gazyng began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Nia
Sorry, posted in wrong forum. Please ignore and/or delete above/#1614.
gazyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 06:17 AM   #1616
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent (so that I don't have to work it out later).