Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourisk View Post
Hi there! My screen most likely is dead to. I was just wondering if the screens you ordered do actually have touch function? I see some people responding on aliexpress telling they have not. Or am I checking the wrong advertisements?
The Glo uses IR touch. It doesn't have any touch functions in the screen. The IR sensors and emitters stick up around the screen from the PCB. If you pull one apart, you have to get get the screen sitting properly for the touch to work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:16 PM   #17
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
So I bought the replacement screen on AliExpress from China LCD Screen Store back on December 26th. Got in a week ago (Yay covid shipping!).

I had mostly no issues installing it. ZERO horizontal play when installing, but vertically I messed it up first try. so on my dry fit, the touch screen wasn't working well and I could see a boarder of the epaper screen. I redid the install and it was flawless this time when I realized I had to shift it up/down. Once I was happy with the fit I used double sided tape to more securely install everything.

Ribbons were a bit tight and awkward when I had the screen slightly wrong in position. Once it was lined up correctly, the ribbon cables worked without strain!

No real issues or anything like that!
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote