Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #1
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Hot Fix Release: Android 5.4.4.7 (398) - Book Reader Issue

Hey Everyone,

We got reports of the reader apps not working for certain users. We tested on our side before the initial release and confirmed this was working but it seems theres a small group of users experiencing a bug when opening up readers.

We are releasing this hot fix to address this issue, 5.4.4.7 (398).

Known issues that will be followed up with another hotfix:

-Dropbox not having covers

Thank you for being patient with us.

Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:01 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Hey Everyone,

We got reports of the reader apps not working for certain users. We tested on our side before the initial release and confirmed this was working but it seems theres a small group of users experiencing a bug when opening up readers.

Known issues that will be followed up with another hotfix:

-Dropbox not having covers

Thank you for being patient with us.

Alex
Just tested your hot fix 5.4.4.7 with Bookari Premium 4.2.4 build 470, Android 8.1.0 kernel 3.18.71.

When long holding from the main screen or using the read button Bookari now imports a copy of the epub instead of using the calibre copy like it used to do up until I downloaded the beta this pass weekend. This is unacceptable, and make CC unusable for me.

Everything else seems to works as always, will be doing more tests tonight. As far as cloud part goes I could care less not ever gonna use it.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #3
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Just tested your hot fix 5.4.4.7 with Bookari Premium 4.2.4 build 470, Android 8.1.0 kernel 3.18.71.

When long holding from the main screen or using the read button Bookari now imports a copy of the epub instead of using the calibre copy like it used to do up until I downloaded the beta this pass weekend. This is unacceptable, and make CC unusable for me.

Everything else seems to works as always, will be doing more tests tonight. As far as cloud part goes I could care less not ever gonna use it.

bernie
Hey gbm,

Would you be able to open the app and press the read button again, then go to settings > Other > Email a debug log to MultiPie.

It would really help us look into what is going on. Please be patient with us while we dissect the issue.

Alex
Old 05-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hey gbm,

Would you be able to open the app and press the read button again, then go to settings > Other > Email a debug log to MultiPie.

It would really help us look into what is going on. Please be patient with us while we dissect the issue.

Alex
No, have all email disabled on my phone. pm me with an email address and I will send you a copy of the logs.

I quickly looked at the debug log and can see no difference between today and last month.

I will use a book new to CC to do the test.

bernie
Old 05-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #5
sebeseret
sebeseret began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Using Calibre Companion on Android on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. Assumed the issue was on my end and rebuilt and re-transferred entire library, still, CC crashed every time I tried to open a book (and failed to actually open the book in any reader).

Uninstalled CC 5.4.4.6, installed your new update 5.4.4.7 (398) and transferred single test files, exactly the same problem persists, and the app is unusable.

I, also, chose to purchase an Android device specifically to avoid iOS behaviour of copying files rather than passing references to them - will be horrified if that functionality is now deprecated.
sebeseret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #6
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
No, have all email disabled on my phone. pm me with an email address and I will send you a copy of the logs.

I quickly looked at the debug log and can see no difference between today and last month.

I will use a book new to CC to do the test.

bernie
Please send to:

ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com
Old 05-05-2020, 05:14 PM   #7
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
Logs sent.

Used both long press and read button.

Subject is:

gbm cc log files

bernie
Old 05-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #8
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Logs sent.

Used both long press and read button.

Subject is:

gbm cc log files

bernie
Confirmed.

Starting on debugging.

Thank you for your help.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:56 PM   #9
jwajr
jwajr began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A
I'm having the same issue, on both Samsung Tab A and mr Moto x4 phone, noth Android 9 devices.
jwajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:40 AM   #10
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwajr View Post
I'm having the same issue, on both Samsung Tab A and mr Moto x4 phone, noth Android 9 devices.
I have same exact device and OS and not experiencing the issue. We are trying to reproduce the issue anyway we can, can you provide what reader you are using or any other details?

Thanks,
A
Old 05-06-2020, 12:49 AM   #11
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:

bernie
i thought that CC passing a copy to reader apps was behaviour which is now mandated by google, so you will have to live with it.
Not wanting to code for that was one reason why the previous developer moved on. its been covered in detail in other threads & its not a "developer choice", it has to happen.

i tested with moon reader, old version used original file, new beta passes a copy..
same (mandated) changes are happening with Ios version
IF I have any of the above wrong, then hopefully PM Rev will clarify
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:01 AM   #12
AnitainTN
Member, Nooks Anonymous
AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.

Device: SGTS2-8, Nook Color
CC just stopped opening / reading books

I am having the same problem. Just started about 1/2hr ago. Was happily binge reading...finished book and went to open the next one in the series, and CC won't read any book. Tried switching between tap or long press, restarted, powered down, cleared the reader...nothing. CC won't read. Same behavior the others describe. CC does nothing when I try to read from the list (my usual method), and the Read button on the Book Details screen crashes CC.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I usually read with the Nook reader, but I also use Bookari sometimes. I have (had) CC ask me which one I want to use when I open a book to read it. CC does not get that far.

I sent feedback with the log attached. (I think.) Let me know if you don't get it.

I am on 5.4.4.6. It looks like people who loaded 5.4.4.7 are having the same problem? CC usually updates itself, should I force this from the App Mgr?

This is awful!!!
AnitainTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:21 AM   #13
AnitainTN
Member, Nooks Anonymous
AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.

Device: SGTS2-8, Nook Color
Another thought...

I have an older version of Calibre on my PC mostly because it does what I want and I have not taken the time to update it in awhile....in case that update might break something. Calibre 3.something. Have there been database changes recently?

Are any of the others having problems with CC also using an older Calibre?

I imported a few books about a week ago, no problem. I imported 3 books today, and the first time I try to open and read a new book, this happened.
AnitainTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:54 AM   #14
MDExTx
MDExTx began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700)
Just discovered this problem on my Galaxy Tab S when I tried to open a book. Calibre Companion has already been updated to 5.4.4.7 which isn't working for me. I usually use Aldiko Reader and am running Android 6.0.1.
MDExTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:03 AM   #15
Telford44
Telford44 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2
Hot fix didn't work

Hi I started not being able to open any books Calibre Companion following the update of 4 May 2020. I applied the hot fix from 5 May 2020 so my version no reads 5.4.47 (398) and I am still getting the same problem. I can select a bok and update the dead status but if I attempt to "read" the app crashes. This means I am forced to search through the companion folder to find any new bok I wish to read which is inconvenient.

I am using Samsung Tab S2 running Android version 7.0
Telford44 is offline   Reply With Quote