Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-17-2020, 12:13 AM   #1066
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi,

Today I have experienced a strange glitch. Looking for books at libraries, some of the books have been marked as Kindle Unlimited but they aren't. Example: "Botched Butterscotch" by Amanda Flower. Thank you for any assistance.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:28 AM   #1067
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Hi,

Today I have experienced a strange glitch. Looking for books at libraries, some of the books have been marked as Kindle Unlimited but they aren't. Example: "Botched Butterscotch" by Amanda Flower. Thank you for any assistance.
Thanks for the bug report. Amazon has changed something so that the search being used by the plugin no longer works properly. I will try to come up with an alternate but it may take me a while.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #1068
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Thanks for the bug report. Amazon has changed something so that the search being used by the plugin no longer works properly. I will try to come up with an alternate but it may take me a while.
Thanks to you for your work with the plugin. Knowing it, I'll check the results
Old 04-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #1069
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.39.0 - 26 Apr 2020

Improve detection of books in Kindle Unlimited. (Searches were returning non-KU books.)

Handle website change at Amazon. (Fixes "Server response error (Unable to determine Amazon title format)")

Increase search speed at Amazon. This will perform searches more quickly on a small number of books or authors, but it increases the likelihood of further searches being blocked temporarily by Amazon if too many are done within a short period.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:03 PM   #1070
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Version 2.39.0 - 26 Apr 2020

Improve detection of books in Kindle Unlimited. (Searches were returning non-KU books.)

Handle website change at Amazon. (Fixes "Server response error (Unable to determine Amazon title format)")

Increase search speed at Amazon. This will perform searches more quickly on a small number of books or authors, but it increases the likelihood of further searches being blocked temporarily by Amazon if too many are done within a short period.
Thank you very much! It was a PIA to check daily the false unlimited
Advert
Old 05-27-2020, 06:00 AM   #1071
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
To the developer of this plugin: THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I just discovered and installed this. IT IS BRILLIANT. THANKS SO MUCH!
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:22 AM   #1072
GracieAllen
Enthusiast
GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Nexus 9
I'm probably missing something simple, but I waded through about the first 8 and last 3 pages and don't see anything about HOW to get the plugin... Do I download it? Does Calibre know about it? How do I get it?
GracieAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:07 AM   #1073
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieAllen View Post
I'm probably missing something simple, but I waded through about the first 8 and last 3 pages and don't see anything about HOW to get the plugin... Do I download it? Does Calibre know about it? How do I get it?
As with most plugins, you install through calibre.

See "How do I install a plugin using Plugin Updater?" in the Introduction to plugins.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #1074
moh3en
moh3en began at the beginning.

Device: Kindel
Hi, I'm new please help me

i have install overdrive plugin. but how use it?

After install goto Customize Plugin . and put card / pin for BPL

just i don't know about Branch ID !

and when select Available book is 0 in Calibre
moh3en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:27 PM   #1075
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh3en View Post
Hi have install overdrive plugin. but how use it?
Instructions are in the first post of this thread.

In general you configure the plugin for the lending libraries that you have accounts with, add entries into calibre for the books you want to find, use the search menu choices of the plugin to see if those books are available from those libraries.

Quote:
After install goto Customize Plugin . and put card / pin for BPL

just i don't know about Branch ID !
Many libraries do not need a branch ID. Just leave it blank for those. See the section in the first post on this thread that describes configuring OverDrive libraries.

Quote:
and when select Available book is 0 in Calibre
I don't understand this.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #1076
Hobbygirl
Hobbygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 1st Generation
Good morning. I have used overdrive link before, but I have reinstalled Calibre and Overdrive Link. I have configured my library information for overdrive, but when I click on a book, there is no option to search for selected book. The menu items, Customize this plugin to enable search and selected book not linked, are greyed out. What am I doing wrong?
Hobbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:56 PM   #1077
gummy
gummy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey jhowell. Thanks for awesome plugin!

Its hard to add new books to the library while they are not there yet.
Can you make a search reading from Calibre's search box? So I can quickly type the name and address without adding "fake book" to Calibre
Thanks
gummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:17 PM   #1078
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummy View Post

Can you make a search reading from Calibre's search box? So I can quickly type the name and address without adding "fake book" to Calibre
Thanks
I just use overdrive for that...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #1079
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbygirl View Post
I have configured my library information for overdrive, but when I click on a book, there is no option to search for selected book. The menu items, Customize this plugin to enable search and selected book not linked, are greyed out. What am I doing wrong?
In the plugin configuration for your library click on the "Enabled" box to enable searching.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:59 PM   #1080
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummy View Post

Thanks
One way to make searches easier with the existing plugin would be to create and keep a dummy entry in your calibre library that you just use for Overdrive searches. Just click on the author and title fields of that entry to change them before performing a search. That would save the effort of creating a new entry each time.

This plugin was written to meet my own needs. I am happy to have others use it if it works for them, but I am not interested in adding new features that I have no use for myself.

Tags
id=model, overdrive