Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
graatch
Enthusiast
graatch began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, iPad 2 (Bluefire Reader); fire hd 10, Windows
Moonreader - two different footnote/link behaviors in epub/mobi

In Moonreader sometimes footnote links ‘jump’ to a different part of the text and at other times the footnote link just brings up the note (in a nice yellow "sticky note", as of the last update) without jumping you around -- in what's brought up you have the option to 'open' the destination which then takes you there. For me a book full of footnotes in the former style is borderline unreadable as it’s too easy to be moved to different parts of the text. I’ve been looking and looking at hrefs in html and epub, as well as the offending files in Sigil, and for the life of me I can’t figure out what causes a link to do one rather than the other — not that I understand any of this in the first place. I was extremely proud of myself the other day when I finally figured out a minor regex find/replace to fix broken paragraphs that were showing up in something.

I hope this question makes sense.
graatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, href, mobi, moonreader, moonreader pro