Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #16
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3 BasicK/Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
It seems to me that once a book goes on KU, it tends to stay on KU. Some authors put everything they write on KU (I guess they are doing OK), while others put SOME books on KU, and others for purchase. Naturally, some books disappear from KU, but there is no periodic refresh. It operates kind of like a paid library.

Rather than borrow an interesting book I know I won't read quickly, I just put it in my Amazon wish list, and then when I'm looking for something to read, I go to that list. That way I know those books piqued my interest at least at one time!
I found the same with most of the books I put on wishlists tend to either stay there, or they go away and come back. I have had KU since it first came about, cancelled for a bit and then when full novels came back in subscribed again. I usually do the deals on prime day.
Wishlists are great for KU. I have several. And when you access the wishlists on kindles, you see the KU logo right above the book title. So if a book in one of my wishlists is not in KU anymore, I move it right from the kindle into a "wait for loan" wishlist. And I do the same moving with books in the wait for loan when they come up on KU. Since I started adding books to my wishlists now years ago, I have probably 800 or so across a few different lists. I don't ever search specifically for KU books. I add to wishlist based on recommendations and if I come across them in my normal browsing.

I actually have not even tried a magazine yet, not a fan of starting at tablets too long.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #17
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I am debating..... If to just cancel my books and try going threw my library
If you decide to (temporary) cancel your subscription, just load up your 10 books and leave your Kindle in airplane mode until you finished reading them at your leasure.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote