Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 08:19 AM   #781
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
When I choose auto populated from search, I can't choose which column I want to add value in.
Sorry, you can't do that. The two options are mutually exclusive. If you build it from a search, you can't populate a column.
Quote:
Also, I don't want to add the list to any device.
Then don't, it isn't mandatory.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #782
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
That's what I wanted, which is why I wrote in the JobSpy thread to begin with.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #783
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
That's what I wanted, which is why I wrote in the JobSpy thread to begin with.
There probably isn't a good way to do this automatically. If it is added to JobSpy, I would expect it to be a something that runs a search and then adds it to the reading list. That's only one less step than doing it manually. Create the RL using the, create a RL that adds the value you want, select the search RL and add the contents to the other RL.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #784
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Using this on a Kobo Glo.
Now I am trying to sync 2 lists, review and next. But I can't seem to get the custom column to transfer to the Kobo anymore. (same column)
I followed this guide to create the custom column and setup the driver.
I have the plug in set to add a "review" or "next" to the column when I add to the list, but when it is sent to the Kobo it looks like the column in empties before Calibre sends it, so I the books don't get added to the shelf.
E.g. I have a book I want on the Review shelf on my reader, so I add Review to the custom column using RL - fine. But when it is synced the tag is removed BEFORE it is sent to the reader so it is NOT added to the Review shelf on the reader.

Hope that makes sense.

Manually adding the tag and sending the books works but I was hoping to use RL to automate it bit, by automatically adding and removing the tag when I added it to the list/removed it from the device.
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:50 AM   #785
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
Assign several (not all!) devices to a list?

I have several small and bigger, and different kind of display devices:
- phones: 4.5 - 5"
- tablets: 8-10"
- epub/mobi-Reader

I'd like to "sync from searches" depending on the the size/kind of display:
- list 1: only epub/mobi & some PDFs to all phones
- only pdf/magazines to all tablets
- only epub/mobi, but no PDFs to all epub/mobi-Readers

Is there a way to assign several devices - but not all devices (any device) - to one of the lists?

Last edited by nikoski; 03-20-2018 at 06:54 AM.
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2018, 11:31 AM   #786
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairybiker View Post
Using this on a Kobo Glo.
Now I am trying to sync 2 lists, review and next. But I can't seem to get the custom column to transfer to the Kobo anymore. (same column)
I followed this guide to create the custom column and setup the driver.
I have the plug in set to add a "review" or "next" to the column when I add to the list, but when it is sent to the Kobo it looks like the column in empties before Calibre sends it, so I the books don't get added to the shelf.
E.g. I have a book I want on the Review shelf on my reader, so I add Review to the custom column using RL - fine. But when it is synced the tag is removed BEFORE it is sent to the reader so it is NOT added to the Review shelf on the reader.

Hope that makes sense.

Manually adding the tag and sending the books works but I was hoping to use RL to automate it bit, by automatically adding and removing the tag when I added it to the list/removed it from the device.
I assume you have the lists set to automatically clear the lists after the sync. If so, that is the way it works. When being sent, the books are added to a job to send to the device, and then removed from the list. That means the column value is cleared. When the job is run that sends the books and update the metadata on the device, the column value is already gone.

The only thing I can think of is not automatically clear the list and do that manually after the jobs to put the books on the device have finished.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #787
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoski View Post
Assign several (not all!) devices to a list?

I have several small and bigger, and different kind of display devices:
- phones: 4.5 - 5"
- tablets: 8-10"
- epub/mobi-Reader

I'd like to "sync from searches" depending on the the size/kind of display:
- list 1: only epub/mobi & some PDFs to all phones
- only pdf/magazines to all tablets
- only epub/mobi, but no PDFs to all epub/mobi-Readers

Is there a way to assign several devices - but not all devices (any device) - to one of the lists?
Sorry, the plugin only allows one device or all devices to be associated with the list. I'm not sure if it would be practical to change that.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:39 AM   #788
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The only thing I can think of is not automatically clear the list and do that manually after the jobs to put the books on the device have finished.
OK I was hoping it could be cleared AFTER the transfer job but if not then I will change the auto clearing.
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #789
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I just got a Huawei MediaPad M5 and when I go to devices the add connected device button is greyed out but it doesn't show any device as connected. Looking at the calibre log it shows that caliber recognizes it as an M5, but Reading List recognizes it as an M3. The M3 is my previous device so I guess it means that I could still have items sent to the M5 but I would prefer to be able to use both.

Edit: I just connected my M3 and it doesn't show as connected in the devices tab. When I connect my Boyue T80S it shows as connected.

calibre_debug_log_20180709_204901 reading list doesnt recognize M5.txt

Last edited by Purple Lady; 07-09-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:23 AM   #790
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just got a Huawei MediaPad M5 and when I go to devices the add connected device button is greyed out but it doesn't show any device as connected. Looking at the calibre log it shows that caliber recognizes it as an M5, but Reading List recognizes it as an M3. The M3 is my previous device so I guess it means that I could still have items sent to the M5 but I would prefer to be able to use both.

Edit: I just connected my M3 and it doesn't show as connected in the devices tab. When I connect my Boyue T80S it shows as connected.

Attachment 164966
When you click the add device in the devices tab, it stores details of the device at that. That includes whatever name calibre has given it. You can also set the name and that is used when the plugin sees the device.

When calibre sees a device, it creates the file driveinfo.calibre in the root of the device. This includes an identifier that calibre generates. This identifier is what the plugin uses to id the device when it is connected.

When you got the new device, did you copy any files over from the old one? If you copied the driveinfo.calibre over, then calibre will use device id in it for both devices. And the Reading List plugin will consider them to be the same device.

If this is what you have done, delete the driveinfo.calibre from one of the devices while calibre isn't running, and then run calibre. It will regenerate the file and should generate a new id. Then you can add the device in the plugins config and use it.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #791
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When you click the add device in the devices tab, it stores details of the device at that. That includes whatever name calibre has given it. You can also set the name and that is used when the plugin sees the device.

When calibre sees a device, it creates the file driveinfo.calibre in the root of the device. This includes an identifier that calibre generates. This identifier is what the plugin uses to id the device when it is connected.

When you got the new device, did you copy any files over from the old one? If you copied the driveinfo.calibre over, then calibre will use device id in it for both devices. And the Reading List plugin will consider them to be the same device.

If this is what you have done, delete the driveinfo.calibre from one of the devices while calibre isn't running, and then run calibre. It will regenerate the file and should generate a new id. Then you can add the device in the plugins config and use it.
I checked and I didn't copy over the file, but I don't even see the files on the new tablet. I do see the files on the old tablet. The files on my old tablet are driveinfo.calibre and metadata.calibre. I've never plugged the new tablet in because I use calibre companion. Could this be the problem? I don't remember if I ever plugged the old one in though.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #792
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I checked and I didn't copy over the file, but I don't even see the files on the new tablet. I do see the files on the old tablet. The files on my old tablet are driveinfo.calibre and metadata.calibre. I've never plugged the new tablet in because I use calibre companion. Could this be the problem? I don't remember if I ever plugged the old one in though.
I just discovered the problem. I had restored calibre companion using titanium backup on my M5 from the backup made on my M3. I backed up CC settings in the app and uninstalled CC. When I installed the app and restored my settings it works fine now. I know when I got the M3 I restored CC using titanium backup from the backup on my Tab S and that worked fine, but I guess something is different now. I still don't see the calibre files on the M5, but since everything works I'm not going to worry about it.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #793
lovingfriendstar
lovingfriendstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I have created a custom column called #read which marks read books and configured the plugin to automatically remove read books from Kindle. But what I want is a search term for finding books from a series that already has read books. For example, I have read Volume 1 and 2 of a series, and when Volume 3 comes out and I have added it to my Calibre library, I want to automatically add it to a list and sync to Kindle.

Does anybody know the search term for this use case? Is this even possible? Something like (series that contains books with #read:yes) then filter out (books with #read:no from those series)
lovingfriendstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #794
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingfriendstar View Post
I have created a custom column called #read which marks read books and configured the plugin to automatically remove read books from Kindle. But what I want is a search term for finding books from a series that already has read books. For example, I have read Volume 1 and 2 of a series, and when Volume 3 comes out and I have added it to my Calibre library, I want to automatically add it to a list and sync to Kindle.

Does anybody know the search term for this use case? Is this even possible? Something like (series that contains books with #read:yes) then filter out (books with #read:no from those series)
The search doesn't work that way. The conditions are tested against each book in the library. There is no way to test relative to another book.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:16 AM   #795
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I think to do this you need to work it into your workflow instead of making a single search for it.

For example, when all of a series has been read, use the 'user category' plugin and add the series to the "favorite series" category.

Now, if a new book shows up in the series, you can have a search that says show me unread stuff in the favorite series user category...and manually add those to the list of things to sync with the reading list plugin.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote