Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
bagpiper1
Banned
bagpiper1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura edition 2 and Kobo Aura ONE
Smile Hello everyone !

Hello, everyone this is not my first account here I had two others but I can't revive them because I do not have access to those old email accounts anymore and I can't remember their passwords. I won't mention my previous account names I kind of like the idea of starting afresh!

I have been using eReaders since like 2007 or 2008 with my first one being the prs-505. So I am not new to the ereader game. I have also owned the Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-350, and a Kobo aura HD. Also, an iPad and some Samsung Android Tablet. Currently, I only have a Sony Aura edition 2 but I am waiting for a Kobo Aura One to come in the mail which should be here in less than 9 days.

I am a computer technician, wizard, by trade. I am into computer science, math and philosophy mostly.

I am also kind of a strange duck in that I only read non-fiction on my eReaders and in general. I downloaded/uploaded and tried to read the popular novel The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo but found the reading too simplistic. When you read at the fiction level you are generally reading at a low elementary level compared to non-fiction which is read at the higher analytical and sometimes even higher syntopical level. I dunno maybe if I tried Finnegans Wake or Absalom, Absalom! or War and Peace etc... instead of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo I might feel different but who has the time ?

Last edited by bagpiper1; 03-10-2018 at 04:11 PM.
bagpiper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi bagpiper and welcome (back) to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bagpiper1, introduce myself