Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #16
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... I've revisited the nook since buying a Kobo and have no buyer's remorse at all ...

I had the same experience last week. The Nook WiFi was s-l-o-w to load a chapter, but that might have been because it was a demo, and messed up by mis-use. But it IS heavier ...

I am not independently wealthy. But I could have afforded another Kindle 2 at the price they were at a month ago. I do not regret my Kobo purchase at all.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #17
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
I have to say that I love my Kobo. Way back when I did want an ereader but I did not want to spend a small fortune on it. I mean you can by a lot of books for $300+ dollars. Since then I have done some shoping around and I still like the kobo best of the other ereaders that I have seen. The extra weight and bulk of the other ereaders really turns me off.

Now having said that I also want an ereader type of device for tech manuals, text books, newspapers and, magazines. I am not sure 100% how to go with this. My inner-Developer is leaning towards the iPad. But if Amazon keeps droping the price of the Kindle DX this is going to be a very tough call. I have also heard rummors of a Kindle SDK? I also wonder if the Android crowd will pull off a decent platfrom six months from now.
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #18
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... I also want an ereader type of device for tech manuals, text books, newspapers and, magazines ...

I have a bunch of .pdf files on my Kobo's SD card that I access.

Have you seen the newspapers that Calibre allows you to download to your Kobo?
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #19
Vardd
Vardd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
>> ... I also want an ereader type of device for tech manuals, text books, newspapers and, magazines ...

I have a bunch of .pdf files on my Kobo's SD card that I access.

Have you seen the newspapers that Calibre allows you to download to your Kobo?
Same here, most of the thing I read on my kobo are Tech "books", physics/math textbook and what ever pdf i want to read on X subject.

It takes maybe 5 min to get them ready for the on Kobo, (Delete margin, play a little bit with the bookmark if I am allowed, etc) The kobo does a great job once you passed that 5 min to "get them ready".

Also, dont forget www.instapaper.com if you need to read a website on your kobo. Works , most of the time, perfectly.

Vardd
Vardd is offline   Reply With Quote