Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Aodhfin Kavanaug
Aodhfin Kavanaug began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 4 Android phone
Android "Go Book" eReader - how do we enable CSS on it????

Thank goodness I found this forum. I'm at my wits' end.

After a couple of months with a new Android phone (a Nexus 4) since I switched over from BlackBerry, I "downloaded" and tested out a couple dozen eReaders for my Nexus and I settled for Go Book and have been using it for a few weeks now.

It is, for me, by far the best eReader out of the lot for innumerable reasons, but it fails on one thing only (but it's big!): it seems to display only in plain text, as it were. I have PageTurner installed as well just I can test the ePub's I've created and in every case, PageTurner displays everything very nicely and fully where Go Book does not. Yet in every other way, Go Book is the perfect app for me.

Was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to enable CSS attributes on Go Book so that we can see all the bolds and colours and page breaks and images that are in an eBook?

Thanks so much in advance.
Aodhfin Kavanaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Seems like a pretty crappy reader if it shows everything as plain text! Why do you think it's the best one?

Moon+ and Bluefire both have very good reputations. Have you tried those?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I would suggest you try a different app... It seems obvious that "go reader" is not programmed to handle css I would suggest Moon READER but there are no guarantees that any reDER WILL SUPPORT ALL THE CSS STUFF in particular the myriad text attributes ... btw I run all my epubs thru calibre .. you can use it to tweak embedded css stuff ....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote