Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
shuusaku
shuusaku began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Folder sorting: mixed "name surname" and "surname, name"!

Dear Forum,

I just realized my calibre library is "name surname" folder names with "surname, name" ones. As a result, half of my books cannot be accessed directly from the library.
My guess is that this mixing is caused by different settings in Calibre for Windows and Calibre for Mac (they both access a shared folder stored in the cloud).
I was wondering if:
- There is any way of forcing only one behavior in both OSs
- There is any way of fixing the current mix without having to modify all files by hand.

Any comment is appreciated. Thanks
shuusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuusaku View Post
Dear Forum,

I just realized my calibre library is "name surname" folder names with "surname, name" ones. As a result, half of my books cannot be accessed directly from the library.
My guess is that this mixing is caused by different settings in Calibre for Windows and Calibre for Mac (they both access a shared folder stored in the cloud).
I was wondering if:
- There is any way of forcing only one behavior in both OSs
- There is any way of fixing the current mix without having to modify all files by hand.

Any comment is appreciated. Thanks
1) your 2 calibre configuration have settings/add books REGEX that are possibly different
2) Quality check PI can FIX (hint )Names and initial consistency problems

FWIW: Mixing OS on single Library is not a good practice for many reasons

Use 1 OS to manage the Library and share it with the content server
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
shuusaku
shuusaku began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks for the reply and for the hint. I'll check later tonight and let you know if there is any progress.

Concerning the use of two different OS, I have Win 7 at work and Mac OS X at home or when I travel, and I usually use them at different times. I am not sure content server can help in this case.
shuusaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
folder name