Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #1
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Content Server on Raspberry Pi not working with password

This error occurs on both Raspbian and Arch. Tested with version 2.50 on Raspbian and 2.51.1 on Arch. Can access the content server if run without a password. However, specifying a password results in an unexpected error 500. Hardware is Raspberry Pi 1 rev B. No useful error messages in the gui debug mode. Any ideas welcome.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:50 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That happens because of a bug that has gone unfixed in cherrypy for years. calibre now ships with a private copy of of cherrypy to fix that, but both Debian and Arch strip that out.

This is actually a bone of contention with me, see: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/43382

So, please install calibre-git from the AUR (I am the maintainer).

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-02-2016 at 07:52 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Will do.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Feel free to comment on the bug if you have any opinions you would like the Arch Devs to know about.
I suspect they may think only I care.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
darryl
Wizard

I will definitely find the bug and leave a comment. It certainly needs to be fixed. I wonder how many instances are running on the web without even password protection,

However, my problem remains. The aur package is for i686 and x86_64 only. The Respberry Pi 1 needs arm6h.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:41 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Yeah, well, like I said -- use the calibre-git package from the AUR.

I actually maintain two AUR packages for calibre.

One is the binary i686/x86_64 installer from the calibre website, as used by my custom check-for-updates script and triggered by a systemd daemon. See calibre-installer

The other is calibre-git, which builds calibre from source.
Source builds are compiled by the Pi, which means it's for armv6 as well.

Do you use the AUR a lot? Official Arch policy is to only specify architectures that are supported by Arch Linux itself, and only i686/x86_64 are officially supported. That is why most PKGBUILDs don't include armv* in the arch=() array, even if they are known to work.
Standard Operating Policy on ArchLinuxARM is to build all packages using the "-A|--ignorearch" flag to makepkg (makechrootpkg does this automatically). Most of the time it will work.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-02-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:57 PM   #7
darryl
Wizard

I used Arch Linux for a while probably about 5 years ago. I found it an excellent distribution and used AUR quite a bit, but that was some time ago. Putting it on the Pi is like visiting an old friend, but my knowledge is obviously not quite up to scratch, particularly when it comes to policies on different architectures. Thanks for your patience.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:31 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Sure thing.

I remember from "somewhere", a discussion about arch=() values and what to do about ARM devices, maybe in the comments to some AUR package? But otherwise, I might not have known myself.
All things considered, I certainly don't blame you for not knowing a fringe case.

So, we're good now? Got your calibre up and compiling?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:44 AM   #9
darryl
Wizard

Is compiling now. Will confirm when it completes successfully.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:58 AM   #10
darryl
Wizard

@eschwartz. Thanks for your help, and for the update to the latest version. All compiled and working, with password protection. Initial compilation failed with GLES3 errors, but after an update to opengl came through and I installed some extra opengl related packages it then compiled fine. Is there actually an open bug report for Cherrypy on Arch or upstream?
Old 02-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

The bug (which is that calibre should ship with whatever internal copies of forked or heavily modified modules are contained in the calibre source) is against calibre, and I linked to it above.

That bug has a reference in the comments to the upstream cherrypy bug (a long time later, when I went looking and tracked it down).
It's interesting stuff, since apparently cherrypy just left that bug(s) hanging for a significant part of a decade.