Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Open With on Linux

I noticed recently that I have the option to right-click a file, select Open With and Calibre is on the list. However the problem I am having is the icon for calibre is far larger than the icons for the other apps in the list, thus making the menu rather large. Where can I change the icon to a smaller size?

I am running Ubuntu btw.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I noticed recently that I have the option to right-click a file, select Open With and Calibre is on the list. However the problem I am having is the icon for calibre is far larger than the icons for the other apps in the list, thus making the menu rather large. Where can I change the icon to a smaller size?

I am running Ubuntu btw.
Hey! Same here. Karmic Gnome

Not a major issue, just cosmetic problem for me.

I am going to explore http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8553732
Update:
Not the solution for this.

Last edited by theducks; 04-30-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Not the solution
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
weird I would think the menu would resize icons to be of a uniform size. Look for calibre-gui.png on your system and resize it manually.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
weird I would think the menu would resize icons to be of a uniform size. Look for calibre-gui.png on your system and resize it manually.
worked

I only had /usr/local/icons/hicolor/128x128 icons
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Ha, worked a treat. The original calibre-gui.png was 510x389. Now it is 128x96 and all is well on the Ubuntu front.

Thanks.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
sol_barbez
sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Cool!
I was having the same thing with ubuntu 10.04. I'll fix it then.
sol_barbez is offline   Reply With Quote