Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
Aeiouna
Aeiouna began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Question New Computer Woes

I'm having issues with my PRS-300, Sony Reader Library, and my new laptop.

I had done the initial setup of the software on my old laptop, and have been syncing with little problems since, but now I've switched computers. I got the software setup, authorized the new computer and redownloaded all my purchased ebooks. I went to sync with the reader, and doing so created duplicates of all my books.

If I try to sync with the reader with no books in the library, nothing happens.

Should I sync with the old computer to delete all the books, and then sync with the new computer or is there another way to avoid the duplicates?
Aeiouna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:56 AM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I do not use the Sony software, but perhaps I can help. It really sounds like you should just start over. In other words remove all books from the reader, then put the ones you want on there back on. Then it should sync fine again on the new computer. I would not try to sync again on the old one, as i can "confuse" them....

Hope that helps.

Welcome to the forum aeiouna. Be sure and check out all the free books here at mobileread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126 that are ready to go for your Sony. You can also look a few forums down from that one and get many ePub books that will also work..... And here is a like to free ebooks from the Sony store http://ebooks.addall.com/sonyfree.html . Be sure to check back on the Sony link as the book content changes. Also Kobo is a great sight for buying books http://www.kobobooks.com/ and is often cheaper than the Sony site.

Last edited by Bremen Cole; 02-08-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert