Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Talking Horror story with happy ending!

Last night I was fixing dinner for our cat and trying to read my eBookwise 1150 at the same time.

Dumb idea. It slipped out of my hands and landed right on the floor.

The damage was in the top part where the plug is for the AC recharger - the plastic seemed to be broken and the plug itself was completely gone!

Or so I thought. But - I am lucky enough to be married to a guy who (as he told me while he was pulling me down from the ceiling) knows how to fix this stuff!

While I consoled myself by playing Internet Checkers, he trotted out to his truck, got his trusty tool kit with soldering iron, sat at the kitchen table, took it apart (which made me some more, but he seemed to be perfectly comfortable with it), and - within @ half an hour -

FIXED IT!!!

I recharged it and it seems to be working perfectly this morning - can't even tell that it was damaged!!

What a wonderful guy!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You are lucky to have such a handy husband!

I dropped my Reader on asphalt, but luckily it fell on the corner. There's a chip there and the metal on the bottom got pushed out, but I popped it back it.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
ugh

I would be freaked out too if someone took my eb1150 apart!

Luckily these machines do seem to be rather sturdy. I am glad that it worked out okay!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thought I would update this to let you know - it died again, so I've decided to sell it for parts. Here's the link to the flea market thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...260#post450260

It had a nice run, so I don't feel too bad about it.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogeswoman View Post
Thought I would update this to let you know - it died again, so I've decided to sell it for parts. Here's the link to the flea market thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...260#post450260

It had a nice run, so I don't feel too bad about it.
Oh bummer Are you getting a new/different one?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Good deal for someone who doesn't have a charger. Sorry you had so much trouble with it, mine is rock solid and gets kicked around and abused daily.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
stoogeswoman
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Oh bummer Are you getting a new/different one?
Oh yeah, if you read that thread in the flea market, I did get a replacement - plus I also have a Kindle and eReader on the Palm. So doing quite well in the ereader department, these days!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
With such a sweetie for a hubbie, why are you calling him a stooge?

FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
stoogeswoman
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
With such a sweetie for a hubbie, why are you calling him a stooge?

Because he gives me "MOE" lovin' !!!