Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which hero would you trust the most?
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo 0 0%
Flipper 2 5.71%
Lassie 17 48.57%
None of the above 16 45.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Which hero would you trust the most?

Out of Flipper, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo and Lassie which one would you trust the most?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Out of Flipper, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo and Lassie which one would you trust the most?
Dolphins is the only other species on earth that practice gang-rape. The 'roos give me the creeps for some reason, and I'm certain they are somehow related to pirate ninja squirrels. So I would have to go with Lassie, can never go wrong with them goggies!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Lassie was (is) a DOG! How could you not trust Lassie?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #4
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I know none of these well enough to trust. The only hero I'd be willing to put my faith in is Danger Mouse. Maybe The Tic.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Dolphins: Never trust a species that is always smiling.

Roos: Has anyone ever been near a kangaroo? Not me, but Marc has. Ask him.

Dogs: I have a seven year old Yorkie that I can't convince to widdle and poo outside consistently.

Cats: You can always count on a cat. They will be consistent and steadfast.*

*Consistently self-centered and steadfast in doing whatever it is that they want to do at that moment, but hey...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Forget Sassie, now Rin-Tin-Tin, that was a dog you could trust.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
... but Lassie was a male dog pretending to be a female dog. How can you establish trust when you start out with a lie?

(The nose knows)
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Eeyore is my hero. You can always trust a cynical pessimist!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Eeyore is my hero. You can always trust a cynical pessimist!
I always thought Eeyore was a disillusioned incurable romantic.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
None of the above. I'd trust Joe, the military-trained German Shepherd (Run, Joe, Run!), 'cause he had da skillz, and Mighty Mouse, who always got da girlz.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 11-26-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Dolphins have been known to kick shark butt, so I dig 'em but I also dig the doggies. It's a tie.

In the ocean, I want a dolphin at my side. On the land, I want a dog (if I ever buy a place with a yard).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #12
Acataloger
Retired library cataloger
Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: PRS-T2 ; Kindle Paperwhite Manga; Fire HD 10; Huawei Honor 8
I voted for Lassie, but I think Yukon King, partner of Sergeant Preston, is an underappreciated canine hero.
Acataloger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
If it's animal heros, it'd have to be Danger Mouse or Timmy the Dog.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Roos: Has anyone ever been near a kangaroo? Not me, but Marc has. Ask him.
Now, according to a scientific study which I can't locate at the moment and may not actually exist but lets pretend it does because it's much more fun that way, it is believed that due to a somewhat lacking in large land predators in Australia over such a long period of time until homo sapiens arrived here somewhere between 50 and 100 thousand years ago, Australian mammals (and, yes, you can expand that definition into social commentary if it floats your boat) are, on a broad scale, and relative to those in other parts of the world, somewhat stupid. There is a pretty good reason you don't often hear the phrase "as witty as a wombat" or "as clever as a koala" or "as rational as a roo".

A roo will mob you for a bread crumb on your shirt, and, with their Achilles tendons that could anchor a space elevator supporting nails that have "Eviscerator" written all over them...well, trusting one to in any way perform some heroic rescue activity is like expecting nothing bad to result from giving an angry and inadvertently violent gibbon access to a Gatling gun. The only potential leniency one can offer in judging the valour-value to ascribe to a roo is that they are, as mentioned, not "large land predators" and are unlikely to eat you unless you choose to go lie down amongst a large mob of the moronic marsupials while dressed in a thin armour suit made completely out of still-warm rusks.

Skippy was a lie. Also, I can never get that bloody gum-leaf whistle thing to work, which kind of pissed me off as a kid, and so my resentment of roos may have some deeply-repressed childhood origin (that, and possibly the time I got attacked by a mob of the bastards while coming back from the caravan park shop with a loaf of bread).

I hope this has been of some help. I always wanted to see Flipper foil a bank robbery at the time it was occurring.

They call him Flipper, Flipper, 'cause he's got fliiiippers...

Cheers,
Marc
PS. I voted for the dog.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I've been near a couple of Roos. I felt bad for them. Humans are so tacky.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote