Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #1
Rockin
Enthusiast
Rockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Touch
Collodi, Carlo: Pinocchio. v1. 25 Apr 2016 [English]

Taken from free source at kobo which looks to be scanned by Google.
Fixed the standard OCR errors, fixed some illustrations, and formatted nicely (IMHO). Also changed "to-day" and "to-morrow" throughout entire book to "today" and "tomorrow" even though original had them that way. Generally, I stick to the original.

I have only created EPUB.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Pinocchio. v1. 25 Apr 2016.epub (2.61 MB, 459 views)
Rockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #2
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Excellent work! Thank you!

On Tor.com they are doing a re-read + re-watch of classic Disney animated tales and I have been thinking about reading Pinocchio but didn't get around to it. You've made it that much easier for me, and in a great looking "edition" as well. Thank you.

Can I ask why you decided to keep the two colour illustrations in black and cream instead of changing the background to white for higher contrast? I read mostly on eink as you might guess. I can see how the pop of colour might be more attractive on iPads and other tablets.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #3
Rockin
Enthusiast
Rockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
Can I ask why you decided to keep the two colour illustrations in black and cream instead of changing the background to white for higher contrast?
I did not think it would matter much. Although I did put it on a Glo, it was for my son to read so I never saw the results of the images there. I will go back and look at it. The only image work I did was on obvious errors in the borders most likely from the OCR process - things like text and picture combined.
Rockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:15 AM   #4
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Oh, I didn't mean to criticize your work! I just find it interesting to hear about the creative choices people make when building an epub.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote