Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Bealte?
John 5 31.25%
Paul 6 37.50%
George 4 25.00%
Ringo 3 18.75%
Pete Best 1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Cool Favorite Beatle?

Mine is Paul (a recent switch from John), and it's because he has the incredible rock voice. He'll almost certainly die before Ringo (even though Ringo is the oldest), and I know he beat Linda a couple of times, but, man, he's really got it...he really does. Who is your favorite Beatle, and why?

Last edited by spooky69; 06-29-2008 at 07:44 AM.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
My favorite beetle is the "Rainbow scarab", a dung beetle.

Last edited by slayda; 07-15-2013 at 01:12 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

That horn on the male is pretty abnormal among the beatles I know! Their coloring is pretty cool, too - you can barely see the dung! Very dichro.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
spooky69
Stats:

I'm going to count that as a "George", by the way.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
ohhhh I don't like to talk about dung at breakfast
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
Ringo. The others stink (ok I know, bad pun).
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #7
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
John, for Imagine.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:40 AM   #8
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
I voted for John Lennon. I find his politically oriented lyrics very thought provoking. Paul was more of a romantic poet. I think that was why the combination of the two was so effective. Anyway, I like John for being provocative.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Pete Best got hosed!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I voted Paul - the "cutest" is still a cutie, in a cuddly grandfatherly way. And I admire that he still thinks with his heart, even though Michael Jackson and the ex-wife [unkind slur deleted] broke it.

By coincidence, I was listening to Polythene Pam when I got to work, so with it being the last song I heard, the phrase "... and so I quit the p'lice department and got myself a steady job..." is on continuous loop in my head.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #11
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I vote for David "Davie" Jones, of the Monkees. Sooooo cute!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment