Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading to the Paperwhite II proposed below?
Yes. Upgrading from Paperwhite. 17 22.67%
Yes. Upgrading from and old reader, or different brand. 7 9.33%
No. Have Paperwhite already. Not enough improvement. 44 58.67%
No. I haven't got a PW, but will wait until my reader breaks. 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2013, 03:27 AM   #121
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I hope so. I keep looking at the Kobo Aura HD, and now the new Kobo Aura, but really want whatever Amazon is bringing out.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #122
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
It is still in stock in the UK though.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #123
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
It is still in stock in the UK though.
The PW Wi-Fi was out of stock in the UK last week. Back in stock now, so most likely a supply issue
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:27 AM   #124
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmartin View Post
The PW Wi-Fi was out of stock in the UK last week. Back in stock now, so most likely a supply issue
Makes sense seeing we just had the big Back to School sales here in the U.S they probably sold out of the PW with WiFi.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #125
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Makes sense seeing we just had the big Back to School sales here in the U.S they probably sold out of the PW with WiFi.
But why would they take the listings out everyplace instead of just marking them as temporarily out of stock? They don't even show up in the Compare Kindles grid. I dunno how their logic works, but it seems like it would be less work to mark one page, instead of changing all the places that point to that page.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #126
bluerfoot
Zealot
bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: sony pocketbook 350
I held off on the paperwhite, it has been hard sure hope there is a new kindle coming out...
bluerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #127
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
But why would they take the listings out everyplace instead of just marking them as temporarily out of stock? They don't even show up in the Compare Kindles grid. I dunno how their logic works, but it seems like it would be less work to mark one page, instead of changing all the places that point to that page.
That's Marketing, probably because they are trying to push out the 3G model. I don't think it's selling as well as the WiFi only.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #128
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
I have pre-ordered each UK release since the keyboard kindle in 2010, so the new one would have to give me something not available on the PW I use now to tempt me to upgrade to a newer model.

If they brought back the audio capacity or a bigger internal storage option I might be tempted but there's no guarantee even then I would be tempted to hit that order/buy button. Otherwise it would have to be something pretty good to tempt me in any case.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #129
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I like the smallness of the Ktouch compared with the Kkeyboard, but otherwise I still tend to prefer the keyboard. I still find some touch features irritating. It's so easy to touch the wrong thing or to touch the wrong way and get something come up that you didn't want. The other thing I like is that kkeyboard has an Amazon book-like cover but I got a Marware Ecoflip cover for my Touch and I find it much easier to read one-handed with the Ecoflip.

In the past year I have bought first-time kindles for a couple of people and they were both PW. I liked the clear screens and the lighting. I'm thinking of getting myself a PW (well hinting for one for Xmas) just to get the lighting. Otherwise I wouldn't be thinking of getting a PW.

What are the chances of a new PW model becoming available in the UK in time for Xmas?
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #130
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Nobody knows if a new Paperwhite model is even coming out, let alone if it will available in time for Christmas and in the UK. Only time will tell.

If I were to guess, I would say that Amazon is not going to release a new model this year and instead will merge the frontlight system with a Triton colour e-ink screen to bump up the contrast (only 4096 colours, after all). Then they'll release it sometime in Fall 2014 and call it the Kindle Rainbowwhite (KRBW, for short).

Last edited by DSpider; 09-01-2013 at 06:18 PM.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #131
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
prescient.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #132
sydtibs
sydtibs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 505
I'm debating whether or not to get the PW with special offers. My current PW doesn't have the offers and I like the fact that I open the cover and am in the book. If it has special offers, will I see ads instead?
sydtibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #133
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Yes, you will.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #134
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtibs View Post
I'm debating whether or not to get the PW with special offers. My current PW doesn't have the offers and I like the fact that I open the cover and am in the book. If it has special offers, will I see ads instead?
Yes. That is the sole reason I paid to have the ads removed from my PW.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #135
jswinden
Nameless Being

Wow, like some of us stated way back (about 2 1/2 months ago) this poll was started way too early, way before any new Kindles were introduced. the New PW2 was introduced this past week, so basically posts 1--131 of this thread were posted before that introduction. I think a new poll should be conducted now that we know something about the new PW2 and now that we know it is the ONLY new Kindle introduced. This old, outdated, highly speculative poll was a waste of time.