Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 03:09 AM   #1
estelle101
estelle101 began at the beginning.

Device: gobi
Can't download Calibre

Hi
I wonder if somebody can please advise me on why Calibre doesn' want to download on my laptop? I used to have it on my pc but i changed to windows 7 home premium and i deleted it. I have tried to download it multiple times, and from diffrent mirrors and sites and i always get the same pop up:

"the installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installation package"

i have disabled my AVG and my windows firewall. I thought it could be a problem with the windows but i downloaded itunes and adobe and some other programs and i did register the product.

any advise would be appreciated, I have looked at other ebook management but Calibre is the best!!!!

thanx
Estelle
estelle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #2
whichgrep
whichgrep began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Estelle,

I'm not a huge Windows person, but I'll try to help. Let's see if we can gather some more information.

Could you please press the Windows logo key, and the Break key at the same time? What does it say in the "System:" section? Also, what's the URL of one of the downloads you've tried to use?
whichgrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle101 View Post
Hi
I wonder if somebody can please advise me on why Calibre doesn' want to download on my laptop? I used to have it on my pc but i changed to windows 7 home premium and i deleted it. I have tried to download it multiple times, and from diffrent mirrors and sites and i always get the same pop up:

"the installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installation package"

i have disabled my AVG and my windows firewall. I thought it could be a problem with the windows but i downloaded itunes and adobe and some other programs and i did register the product.

any advise would be appreciated, I have looked at other ebook management but Calibre is the best!!!!

thanx
Estelle
FYI
AVG Free has no problem with Calibre
W7HP (AMD64) has no problem
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
estelle101
estelle101 began at the beginning.

Device: gobi
Thanks appreciate it, I did not activate the windows properly and Calibre is working great now.
estelle101 is offline   Reply With Quote