Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2016, 10:05 PM   #226
sietedosfede
sietedosfede began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
OK! I downloaded from the official site of repository, more specifly from this link. Installed it by unzippig and then copying kterm folder into 'extensions' folder at my kindle via USB. After that, I tried -unsuccessfully- to execute it via KAUL main menu.

Disgracefully, I upgraded my KT2 into 5.7.4 (by the way the new GUI makes me sad) while really I never installed anything in previous versions.

Also tried to make the repository folder but Makefile throws:

gcc: error: lib/libvte.a: No such file or directory

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by sietedosfede; 05-10-2016 at 10:09 PM.
sietedosfede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #227
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sietedosfede View Post
OK! I downloaded from the official site of repository, more specifly from this link. Installed it by unzippig and then copying kterm folder into 'extensions' folder at my kindle via USB. After that, I tried -unsuccessfully- to execute it via KAUL main menu.
With what specific result?
Details please...
Things like error messages, contents of the KUAL's log, etc.
Anything more than just "unsuccessful"
Quote:
Disgracefully, I upgraded my KT2 into 5.7.4 (by the way the new GUI makes me sad) while really I never installed anything in previous versions.
In other words, we don't know that KUAL was working before the upgrade.
Was it working?
What did you install with it or control with it?
Quote:
Also tried to make the repository folder but Makefile throws:

gcc: error: lib/libvte.a: No such file or directory

Thanks in advance,
Correct.
libvte is not included in the repository.

Since you did not give any information on what sort of system you are trying to build on -
There is no way I can tell you how/where/what to do to get the required virtual terminal library.

= = = =

Sorry, I can't do anything else without specific details.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 10:59 PM   #228
sietedosfede
sietedosfede began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Again, the KUAL log is:

matchbox-keyboard: Failed to load 'img/esc.png'
matchbox-keyboard: /mnt/us/extensions/kterm/bin/ ../layouts/keyboard.xml:0: (null)
matchbox-keyboard: *Error* Error parsing matchbox-keyboard failed to return window ID
: No such file or directory
killall: matchbox-keyboard: no process killed

I installed nothing between 5.6.5 Jailbroke and 5.7.4 update. I just can assure two stages of Jailbroke process went OK, since I installed other things like Draw... Now I can see KUAL as a book, also execute it and use their Helper (installed it too) and other apps.

Sorry, by the way I gotta figure out how to get libtve.a on Arch Linux x86_64.

Thanks for the replies,

Last edited by sietedosfede; 05-10-2016 at 11:20 PM.
sietedosfede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:50 AM   #229
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Again, the KUAL log is:

matchbox-keyboard: Failed to load 'img/esc.png'
matchbox-keyboard: /mnt/us/extensions/kterm/bin/ ../layouts/keyboard.xml:0: (null)
matchbox-keyboard: *Error* Error parsing matchbox-keyboard failed to return window ID
: No such file or directory
killall: matchbox-keyboard: no process killed

I installed nothing between 5.6.5 Jailbroke and 5.7.4 update. I just can assure two stages of Jailbroke process went OK, since I installed other things like Draw... Now I can see KUAL as a book, also execute it and use their Helper (installed it too) and other apps.

Sorry, by the way I gotta figure out how to get libtve.a on Arch Linux x86_64.

Thanks for the replies,
In that case, you need the library from ARM-Arch
(a library contains compiled code - which must be ARM if it is to run on the Kindle - remember, your cross-compiling).

The Arch distribution is known for its extensive documentation, check for directions on how to set-up a cross-compile environment and how to populate it for an "ARMv7" target machine (which the touchscreen Kindles (other than the K5) are).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons