Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Unhappy 'Remove spacing' feature not working

Hi there,

I've been using Calibre for ages, and it's been wonderful. But lately when I try to use the 'remove spacing between paragraphs' feature, it doesn't work. Sometimes it actually ADDS another line between paragraphs!

Can anyone help me? How do I fix this and start removing lines again?
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siavahda View Post
Hi there,

I've been using Calibre for ages, and it's been wonderful. But lately when I try to use the 'remove spacing between paragraphs' feature, it doesn't work. Sometimes it actually ADDS another line between paragraphs!

Can anyone help me? How do I fix this and start removing lines again?
Spacing can be done so many ways, some are not easy to undo.

Open the problem book in the Calibre book-viewer
Find a problem area . Place the cursor on the word just before the paragraph break.
Right-click: Inspect
This shows all the code layers that affect that place in the book. that might give you a clue.

There may be break tags, extra paragraphs with NBS's

Then you can figure what to do. Edit with Sigil or other Text editor might be needed.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, formatting