Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Nick_Djinn
Edge User

How to move files from internal storage to SDHC card? (Move Files Here button not wor

So I am trying to move files and apps to my SDHC card, but its not happening. I see that there is an option of "Move Files here" but its dim and wont let me click on it. Whats going on here?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
walt526
Edge User

Apps need to be installed on the internal storage.

As for relocating your files, read the directions in the user manual on how to transfer your Library (pdfs, music, etc--but not apps) to an SD card.

Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
keng2000
Edge User

1. Move/Copy file between folder.
for latest Firmware, using ES Explorer
you can do multiple move/copy by choosing cut/copy (choose multiple action first) press and hold you will see option.

change to target directory, you will see the UP arrow almost the button of screen click on it, it will scroll to see what files are waiting actions.

2. Move installed app to SD.
It means you need to move all of you current Library/App area and other workspace to SD.
You can prepare it by using Setting.
Seem to be good for sharing EE with others.

WARNING: it is no return point, you need to factory reset to change back to Internal Storage (and lost everything)

Does it help?

Old 07-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
Nick_Djinn
Edge User

Maybe the problem was that I didnt add it to my library first. It worked from library,

However, the "Move files here" button seems useless/broken, which is unfortunate, since it looked like an easy way to do things.

Last edited by Nick_Djinn; 07-15-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Step by step

1. Select the file you would like to move, check the box, or boxes if moving several to the same place.
2. Tap the move button on the bottom of the page.
3. At the top of the page tap the button labeled eDGe
4. Choose from internal storage or SDCard
5. locate the folder you wish to move the file into and tap on it.
6. Now that the correct folder is open, tap the move files here button, a box will open, confirm the move by tapping move.
Hope this helps.

Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
done
Edge User

Keng,

Are you able to copy files off your SD card and onto the eDGe's internal memory? And are you able to copy form one folder on the SD card to another folder on the same SD card? Also how much free space does your SD card have available?